Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 08:07 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,755,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I love thick heavy cotton sheets and can't seem to find them anywhere these days.

In my quest for cool, slick sheets I bought the Better Homes & Gardens 100% cotton percale. I hated them...they are so heavy it strained my arms to get them out of the washer! So maybe you would like them. And they were only around $45.

I ended up with The Big One from Kohl's, 100% cotton percale. They are not as heavy and a little bit softer than the BH&G. And only around $45-$50 also.

Edit...oops, just remembered the Big One is 50/50 cotton/polyester. I liked the blend better than 100% cotton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 10:12 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times
I'm also looking for cotton sheets, but want to find a set that doesn't wrinkle easily. I had Costco brand, but the bottom sheet fell apart at the corners (and I don't have a deep mattress).

Any cotton ones out there that are nice right out of the dryer?

Old 10-06-2018, 10:30 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
I'm also looking for cotton sheets, but want to find a set that doesn't wrinkle easily. I had Costco brand, but the bottom sheet fell apart at the corners (and I don't have a deep mattress).

Any cotton ones out there that are nice right out of the dryer?
Yes, Brooklinen

Old 10-06-2018, 09:31 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,229,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Yes, Brooklinen
They sound the best I think!

Old 10-07-2018, 10:14 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,001 times
[quote=scgoldengirl;53288754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
That sounds exactly like what I've been searching for! I want thick, heavy type sheets - substantial feel is a perfect description. Thank you!

Do you have a link to the ones you bought? If so, please share it or send me a DM.[/QUOTE

I think you'll like them.

http://www.amazon.com/Pinzon-300-Thr...PE/ref=sr_1_5?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
In my quest for cool, slick sheets I bought the Better Homes & Gardens 100% cotton percale. I hated them...they are so heavy it strained my arms to get them out of the washer! So maybe you would like them. And they were only around $45.

I ended up with The Big One from Kohl's, 100% cotton percale. They are not as heavy and a little bit softer than the BH&G. And only around $45-$50 also.

Edit...oops, just remembered the Big One is 50/50 cotton/polyester. I liked the blend better than 100% cotton.
Thanks to both of you for the recommendations. I really appreciate that.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:47 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,910 times
Make the switch to bamboo, trust me on this one. So much softer than cotton (even Egyptian), and much cooler too because they breath so much better. I can’t imagine ever going back.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:32 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
I wish I could go back to the percale sheets from when I was a kid - 40 years ago. I'm sure the threadcount was no higher than 250 but they were crisp and had a lot of body to them. Just the opposite of the "microfiber" and "tshirt" material sheets now that just grab and cling to you. I want smooth, cool sheets that aren't so thin.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:49 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,914,161 times
Looking forward to reading this. I remember the days when you could get 250 tc sheets and that meant something. I had guests take the sheets up to look at where I bought them so they could get some. Now, that's too course so somewhere it was decided to downgrade quality. 350s can be rough. Some that look smooth and soft in the store have a coating of some sort and are let downs after a few washes. I found some that are okay but will go back through here and may renew my search for quality.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Make the switch to bamboo, trust me on this one. So much softer than cotton (even Egyptian), and much cooler too because they breath so much better. I can’t imagine ever going back.
In my opinion they are too soft, they feel like polyester sheets to the touch.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I wish I could go back to the percale sheets from when I was a kid - 40 years ago. I'm sure the threadcount was no higher than 250 but they were crisp and had a lot of body to them. Just the opposite of the "microfiber" and "tshirt" material sheets now that just grab and cling to you. I want smooth, cool sheets that aren't so thin.
Brooklinen percale. I swear to God that is exactly what they feel like. I spent decades trying to find something that was like the sheets we had when I was a kid. For decades I've bought cheap sheets and expensive sheets and they all fell short.

You can use them for 60 nights and if you don't like them you can return them minus $9.99, that money is used to launder and deliver the sheets your returned to a charity.

They have a lifetime warranty: What is the warranty on your sheets?
We take great pride in the craftsmanship of our sheets and expertise of our manufacturing team. As such, we provide a lifetime warranty on all of our sheets. If your sheets ever pill, rip, or fray, simply give us a shout and we'll repair it. If a repair is impossible, we will replace the item free of charge."

One of my sheets ripped and they replaced the entire set, even the pillow cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House