Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 04:26 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times

Advertisements

Not enough force to create nice soapy, foamy head from my Palmolive dish detergent. I still do dishes the old fashioned way, by hand in the kitchen sink. Yesterday morning with the old faucet, mountains of foam. Then the new Moen was installed. Yesterday PM after the plumber left, flat dishwater. The lack of force is so obvious; takes twice as long to fill the basin.

Do I thank the eco-warriors for this situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 04:37 PM

23,592 posts, read 70,391,434 times
There is likely a flow restrictor above the anti-splash aerator. Unscrew the aerator and set it aside, replacing just the aerator and screen.

The new high head kitchen faucets with the sprayer head integral to the faucet do seem to be using smaller diameter piping, which makes the sink fill slower, but the convenience of that spray head more than makes up for it. I can clean pots that I used to have to drag to the utility sink to clean.

Old 10-17-2018, 04:39 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
Have the same problem new faucet bad delivery.Really noticed filling my 1/2 gal water jug for work took forever.Kinda stupid I need the same amount of water but it takes longer.Wastes time saves nothing.

Old 10-17-2018, 05:40 PM

Well, I unscrewed the aerator at the end of the faucet and noticed little grains on it. Ran both hot and cold for 15 seconds without the aerator.

It has improved somewhat, makes more detergent foam, but still too slow.

I'll just have to live with it.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:50 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
I have a brand new faucet, and it certainly doesn’t behave the way you are describing. I suggest you call your plumber.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:21 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Most new faucets restrict the flow of water. It's an attempt to save water. I find it very annoying.

Old 10-18-2018, 05:25 AM

2,538 posts, read 1,909,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Not enough force to create nice soapy, foamy head from my Palmolive dish detergent. I still do dishes the old fashioned way, by hand in the kitchen sink. Yesterday morning with the old faucet, mountains of foam. Then the new Moen was installed. Yesterday PM after the plumber left, flat dishwater. The lack of force is so obvious; takes twice as long to fill the basin.

Do I thank the eco-warriors for this situation?
Someday your grandkids may thank the "eco-warriors," but, in the meantime, here is a video on a person that had the same issue with a Moen faucet and how he addressed it. I suggest reading the comments, also, regarding some cons of removing the reducer and where it is on some other models.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZF31-WO5Eg

Old 10-18-2018, 06:17 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Not enough force to create nice soapy, foamy head from my Palmolive dish detergent. I still do dishes the old fashioned way, by hand in the kitchen sink.
Do you have the sprayer head? We just bought a new faucet and kitchen sink. There is plenty of force if using the sprayer.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOinGA View Post
Someday your grandkids may thank the "eco-warriors,"

No. They refer to them as "eco-wackoes." comrade.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have a brand new faucet, and it certainly doesn’t behave the way you are describing. I suggest you call your plumber.

He came today to put in a new bath tub faucet and said that all the kitchen faucets are designed this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Most new faucets restrict the flow of water. It's an attempt to save water. I find it very annoying.

Amen.

We have so many technological improvements today like the big, clear TV screens and phones that do everything but cook dinner, while at the same time the wackoes are forcing us into the 19th century.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Do you have the sprayer head? We just bought a new faucet and kitchen sink. There is plenty of force if using the sprayer.

Yes, but the sprayer doesn't help the situation.

Thanx for responding, guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House