Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 08:54 PM

1,846 posts, read 3,940,305 times

Advertisements

Originally my house was 3/3 (bedrooms/bathrooms).

The prior owner modified it to 2/2. Fine with me, so that is what I have now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 09:17 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA2SGF View Post
Originally my house was 3/3 (bedrooms/bathrooms).

The prior owner modified it to 2/2. Fine with me, so that is what I have now.
My house was built as 3 bedroom 2 and a half bath house, but the previous owner changed it to a 2 bedroom. She narrowed one bedroom doorway to below code so that she could put the washer/dryer in the (bumped out) closet. Someone could sleep in there, but it's no longer considered a bedroom.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
My house was built as 3 bedroom 2 and a half bath house, but the previous owner changed it to a 2 bedroom. She narrowed one bedroom doorway to below code so that she could put the washer/dryer in the (bumped out) closet. Someone could sleep in there, but it's no longer considered a bedroom.
It's nice that your washer/dryer is so close to your bedroom, so you don't need to carry heavy laundry very far.

In my case, the prior owner wanted a big master bedroom so she knocked down a wall between it and another bedroom. Makes no difference to me one way or the other; I use half of that big bedroom as my bedroom, and the other half as my home gym room.

One of the big "plusses" to this is that my (huge) bedroom ended up with three double-door closets! I love that. I guess they were already there for the two bedrooms. So, I have a closet for winter clothes, a closet for summer clothes, and a closet for other stuff. I never had so much closet space in my life. LOL

Old 06-14-2019, 01:03 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA2SGF View Post
It's nice that your washer/dryer is so close to your bedroom, so you don't need to carry heavy laundry very far.

In my case, the prior owner wanted a big master bedroom so she knocked down a wall between it and another bedroom. Makes no difference to me one way or the other; I use half of that big bedroom as my bedroom, and the other half as my home gym room.

One of the big "plusses" to this is that my (huge) bedroom ended up with three double-door closets! I love that. I guess they were already there for the two bedrooms. So, I have a closet for winter clothes, a closet for summer clothes, and a closet for other stuff. I never had so much closet space in my life. LOL
Please don't tell my fiancé about this -- she would insist we somehow find a way to make that happen :P I know girls can never get enough closet space. She's very compromising on my must-haves list, doesn't mind me dedicating a bedroom to gaming and putting my sports memorabilia up in a few parts of the house, but my compromise was to give her the entire master closet which is huge, because I really don't have that many clothes, and I'm using a small walk-in closet in another bedroom. I figure if I can't fit my clothes there, I have too many clothes, and I've tried to downsize and get rid of a bunch of stuff before the move that I haven't worn in forever. I was surprised how much I had to get rid of, considering I'm pretty minimalist with clothing, but I think I got rid of 1.5 large boxes of clothes still.

Old 06-14-2019, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Please don't tell my fiancé about this -- she would insist we somehow find a way to make that happen :P I know girls can never get enough closet space. She's very compromising on my must-haves list, doesn't mind me dedicating a bedroom to gaming and putting my sports memorabilia up in a few parts of the house, but my compromise was to give her the entire master closet which is huge, because I really don't have that many clothes, and I'm using a small walk-in closet in another bedroom. I figure if I can't fit my clothes there, I have too many clothes, and I've tried to downsize and get rid of a bunch of stuff before the move that I haven't worn in forever. I was surprised how much I had to get rid of, considering I'm pretty minimalist with clothing, but I think I got rid of 1.5 large boxes of clothes still.
My present house has a huge amount of closet space,but the home I owned before this one just didn't even though it was larger in square footage. When I lived there I was downsizing like crazy trying to make do with what closets I had.

I agree with your fiancée, when it comes to closet space, more is better! It does seem like closet space almost grows when I ruthlessly toss stuff out and donate, so good idea on your part to do that.

On the other hand, I have lived here four years and still haven't filled up all the closets. Never had a house with this much closet space before in my life. It also has twice the kitchen cabinet space that I could ever need. What a new (but pleasant) experience that is too.

Old 06-14-2019, 05:49 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,770,880 times
3/2, bachelor pad with office and spare bedroom. Room to grow into with future wife and maybe first child before we get a McMansion.

Old 06-14-2019, 05:50 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,132 times
4 BR's, 3.5 BA's for 4 occupants

Old 06-14-2019, 05:55 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Two people, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths. Split plan, so guests have 2 bedrooms and bath at one end of the house. Months go by without anyone setting foot in them, but when we need them, we need them.

Old 06-14-2019, 05:57 AM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,950 times
Three (tiny) bedrooms and two full baths (one bathroom is in the basement and is not used as rest of basement is unfinished).

Old 06-14-2019, 11:49 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,966 times
I live alone: 3 bedrooms, one is a master the other two are fairly small. I'm using one as an office and the other as a guest room. Two full bathrooms, one is ensuite to the master. It is a very functional size and layout for me, I could probably live in a bit smaller space, but this allows me more flexibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House