Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 11:25 PM

1,449 posts, read 1,147,507 times

Advertisements

I agree with the roof color issue (our old roof was similar, and years later, I'm still excited about our non-brown "new" roof). Maybe do a photoshop with a different roof color...one you would choose if you were replacing it today.

I kinda like the red door but think it's a bit too bright/cherry. And I would worry that with the door facing west, with sun-fading, it might turn more pink over time. How 'bout something reminiscent of red wine...like a nice cabernet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2020, 04:42 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
I looked at the first page of responses and the last two and I didn't see anyone suggest a green. Something kind of like sage would pull all the gray and the brown roof together and give you something to backup whatever foundation plantings you do. The steps should probably be the same gray as the house just a darker shade.

I looked at the Behr site and noticed they have a tool where you can take a picture of the house and then plug in different colors. Picking colors on the computer can be tough because the viewing angle changes it so much but two I saw that might work are Brookview M400-4 and Baby Spinach M400-5.

Another might be Sage Garden 390-5.

Agree, green would be nice. I'm surprised that I didn't suggest green too.

Old 04-13-2020, 01:15 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,497,593 times
I'll add green to the list of considerations. We're going to leave the bright yellow for now so I can focus on interior painting. My S.O. just taped off two more rooms for me to paint. I'm absolutely thrilled to get rid of the dark gray the flipper put on every wall and ceiling in my house, so she's onto something!

Old 04-14-2020, 05:53 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davdaven View Post
I'll add green to the list of considerations. We're going to leave the bright yellow for now so I can focus on interior painting. My S.O. just taped off two more rooms for me to paint. I'm absolutely thrilled to get rid of the dark gray the flipper put on every wall and ceiling in my house, so she's onto something!
I posted on another thread that the best thing I've done for my house was have the gray my entire first floor was painted (ceiling and all) changed to a warm cream shade (Behr's "Polished Pearl") just before the stay-in-place order was enacted in our state. I would have felt like I was stuck in a dungeon otherwise. I LOVE the new cream paint; it looks a bit more buttery with direct lamplight on it but just a warm-toned ivory with sunlight. Plus, it goes with my natural oak floors as well as my dark antique furniture and the vintage brick-look flooring in my kitchen. I tried out about 30 sample chips before selecting it, as I'm very picky about colors in my home.

Old 04-14-2020, 01:23 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,497,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I posted on another thread that the best thing I've done for my house was have the gray my entire first floor was painted (ceiling and all) changed to a warm cream shade (Behr's "Polished Pearl") just before the stay-in-place order was enacted in our state. I would have felt like I was stuck in a dungeon otherwise. I LOVE the new cream paint; it looks a bit more buttery with direct lamplight on it but just a warm-toned ivory with sunlight. Plus, it goes with my natural oak floors as well as my dark antique furniture and the vintage brick-look flooring in my kitchen. I tried out about 30 sample chips before selecting it, as I'm very picky about colors in my home.
Nice color! We are going with Behr's cotton grey in the public rooms, soothing spring in the bedrooms, and whisper white for the ceilings. Eggshell for the walls and flat for the ceilings. (The trim will stay ultra pure white semi-gloss.) I wanted warm tones and S.O. likes gray, but both of us don't like having dark gray shiny paint (semi-gloss I think) on every flat surface. See color palette here: https://www.behr.com/consumer/Palett...C-13,HDC-MD-08
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House