Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 06:50 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times

Advertisements

OP, your plan is fine. Put some mouse poison in the package if you are concerned about the critters, but I don't think it is a big deal

Lube and tune up machine in the fall. Add Stabil. Remove battery and store on wooden plank (NOT on cement floor).

In the spring top off with fresh fuel, insert charged battery and you are all set to go.

Don't make a bigger deal about it than is necessary. Sure, and earth quake could swallow the whole deal, but is it really a worry?

Simple is best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 02:16 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
OP, your plan is fine. Put some mouse poison in the package if you are concerned about the critters, but I don't think it is a big deal

Lube and tune up machine in the fall. Add Stabil. Remove battery and store on wooden plank (NOT on cement floor).

In the spring top off with fresh fuel, insert charged battery and you are all set to go.

Don't make a bigger deal about it than is necessary. Sure, and earth quake could swallow the whole deal, but is it really a worry?

Simple is best.
Thanks. I’ll give it a shot. Maybe I’ll buy the rubber maid shed and put a cover on it. Mouse poison is a good idea too

Old 07-22-2019, 09:19 PM

61,699 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollieMan View Post
Moisture can absolutely make it inside one of those Rubbermaid tubs.
Sure. Well... OP could park the lawnmower in the garage, and the truck in the driveway...
Most people park their cars there anyway, because their garages are full of crap.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:43 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times
I just left mine outside all winter, covered.

I siphoned the old gas out and put new in and got it started after a few tries. This year I'll make sure the tank is empty before I cover it for the winter.

FWIW I live in Tennessee where it really doesn't ever get cold cold, your mileage may vary depending on where you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House