Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 10:26 PM

454 posts, read 443,678 times

Advertisements

Hi there. Well i had no hot water for over 1.5 months already i believe. Also im pretty sure this started with the water pressure not strong. So there is no correlation to this at all?

Okay so this would most likely replace the water faucet and the connecting parts right to it... the part attached to shower head to the wall? Its really molded. I did use some vinegar and paper towel to try to wipe the rust and i got a lot of the dark rusting out but its still dirty.

Also im trying to post picture of the sink and the water shower here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 10:28 PM

403 posts, read 269,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
Hi there. Well i had no hot water for over 1.5 months already i believe. Also im pretty sure this started with the water pressure not strong. So there is no correlation to this at all?

Okay so this would most likely replace the water faucet and the connecting parts right to it... the part attached to shower head to the wall? Its really molded. I did use some vinegar and paper towel to try to wipe the rust and i got a lot of the dark rusting out but its still dirty.

Also im trying to post picture of the sink and the water shower here.
Just stop with the vinegar. You need someone with tools and a modicum of understanding.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:38 PM

11,139 posts, read 7,877,254 times
Sounds like a washer has gone south. Why would water be leaking from a clogged shower head unless water is bypassing the seals? Probably the faucet that’s leaking rather than the shower head.

Old 07-29-2019, 10:39 PM

Here are some pictures i took of the shower and the sink.

For some reason the shower head pictures are sideways or upside down. The 1st picture is sideways. The 2nd-3rd pictures i took it from the right side. The 4th and 5th pictures from the left side. I assume you all can tell how it looks based on the pictures.

The other 2 pictures is my sink. Do you all agree that sink faucet and sink handle is disgusting? Im embarrassed to say this but it has been like that for a very long time. So because of that, i rarely wash my hands or turn on the sink for water. I turn on the shower whenever i wash my hands. But of course you see how there is moldy around the shower head above the area right? It was a lot more darker and moldier in those parts earlier... i used some vinegar to wash some rust out.

So you all agree best to have both replaced right? The faucet for both the shower head and the sink?

And yes i know those pictures will gross most of you out.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:14 PM

Does my kitchen sink faucet need to be replaced as well? You can see the mold on it. This was replaced i think just over a year ago or so.

And i do not clean my sink faucet area much... yes im lazy and sloppy.

When i turn the water on, the water looks clean and fine though. But would the dirt/mold from it make the water bad? Of course this doesn't look anything close to as bad as the sink faucet and handle and the shower head.

The shower head and everything connected to it got replaced maybe 4.5 months ago. It looked fine until i believe 1 month ago. So basically it got like that after 3.5 months.

I dont really pay attention and look at the faucet when i took a shower. I assume humidity is probably what caused it? However, i never wash my faucet ever...

Would you say the sink faucet and the knobs are disgusting to the max? That is why i rarely use it ever. I used the shower head when it was perfectly clean to turn on water whether shower or washing my hands. Im not exaggerating.., the sink faucet handle has looked like that for many years...

Old 07-29-2019, 11:34 PM

Just took a few more photos of the bathroom sink and the kitchen sink.

Opinions on this?

So from looking at all these pictures of the bathroom shower faucet, bathroom sink faucet and handles, and the kitchen sink faucet and handles...

Do i have to ask to replace all 3 of them? I was initially going to ask just the bathroom shower faucet and the bathroom sink faucet and handle... but since someone mention the kitchen sink faucet look bad... should i ask to have that replaced as well?

Also when i need things like this fixed, if its my fault, i always offer to pay for it when i speak to the manager of the building. A few times i have paid because some situations... was certainly my fault. Example.. one time i broke the fan switch to my ceiling fan... and contacted the manager on this and they called someone to come over and then i paid them etc since that was my fault.

But when it comes to these replacements, like the shower head faucet, bathroom sink faucet and handle... and the kitchen shower faucet, should i be offering to pay for it? Because i feel like its a lot asking to have them replace 3 different things. The shower faucet of course... the bathroom sink faucet... i been wanting to ask that a long time ago but never did and just used the shower water instead of sink. But now the kitchen faucet is moldy. Also im in a studio apartment... so the kitchen faucet is pretty much from me when im on the computer.

Also to the mod, which thread do you want me to post on so i can keep it in one thread? I wanted to post on this thread but the other person who answered many of my questions and gave their opinion is posting in the other thread.

Also is it possible for me to clean up the mold from the kitchen sink faucet based on those pictures? Like use vinegar or certain product etc? I know it looks bad... but it obviously looks no where as bad as the shower faucet and the bathroom sink faucet and handles...

Old 07-30-2019, 12:03 AM

The last photos im going to upload here. This is the bottom of my bathroom sink. In the last 2 pictures, they are sideways but you could tell from that. Thoughts on all this? Someone in another thread says i need to have all 3 things replaced... shower faucet and handle... sink faucet and handle and also the kitchen faucet and handle. But now they say i should have both sinks replaced in the bathroom and kitchen. That seems way too extreme as i dont think i would ask that as the cost of that would be a lot.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:19 AM

61,308 posts, read 86,209,732 times
That someone telling you about the replacements on both threads is me.
Yes, you pay what they want so you should get what you want. And you want that toxic stuff gone, although I suspect the whole plumbing in this building doesn't look any better. And all the walls have mold living there.
What about rodents and roaches?

They change your A/C filters just once a year? Can you access them and take picture? I bet the filters are black now!
Your landlord is a slumlord! I understand cheap, but this is inhumane. Why are you doing it to you? You CAN move out and live somewhere else. Yes, you can! And you should!

Old 07-30-2019, 12:29 AM

Here, we have those big roaches. But rarely do we see them. But they are very common here.

I do have ants at my place and flies... but that is my fault. Im sloppy and dont clean up until night or the next morning sometimes. I know other ppl here dont have much of these issues.

I just know that once a year, they have ppl that come and do something to the ac and clean it. That is the ac filter change right? Im pretty certain its once a year. If not, 2 times a year. But im close to 100 percent sure its once a year.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:37 AM

44,560 posts, read 61,317,230 times
That is some disgusting water damage. You must have some extremely hard water with a high amount of iron and other corrosive type minerals. I would not be drinking any of that water. And the walls are probably full of mold with all that leaking water.
It looks as if the whole building needs replacement plumbing. Just replacing what's in your unit will be a waste of money as the new replacements will look just like the old in a few months. This problem is a landlord responsibility. Do you have a health dept you can file a complaint with.
Moving would be a good option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House