Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 08:14 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,216,301 times

Advertisements

No. Don’t use them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 09:41 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,926,636 times
I don't use them either. I've always wondered what the deal was with the (adult) wipes when dampened toilet paper works just fine.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:50 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I always wonder about false advertising laws when I see Arby’s commercials. They make it look like those sandwiches or 5 inches high. But when my fiancé and I went to Arby’s and got one of them they were like two pieces of meat on it. The commercial makes me mad every time I see it and I don’t know how they’re allowed to completely lie about what their product looks like.

I don’t flush them either. I put them in the wastebasket. We paid $24,000 for our septic system and taking no chances. I even hide them when we have company over because I don’t trust that people won’t flush them. None of the nursing homes I’ve ever worked in flush them either.
Oh, crap. For a moment there, I thought you were talking about flushing hamburgers down the toilet!

Old 09-18-2019, 09:50 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
I don't use them either. I've always wondered what the deal was with the (adult) wipes when dampened toilet paper works just fine.
Well, actually it doesn't, always.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:58 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
let's bring back the privy!!
Fine for you if you want, but I just read an article about a composting privy and how you are not supposed to even pee into it.

https://www.greenmountainclub.org/privy-privy-privy/

Here's the sign on the door:

https://www.greenmountainclub.org/wp...ivy-sign-3.jpg

Old 09-18-2019, 11:15 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Many consumers happily get convinced by product marketing that their bodily functions are ever more filthy and disgusting than they used to be. So much so that they require more and more extraordinary products to sanitize themselves. Not willing to soil your dainty white hands with any hint of ordinary organic matter? There's something called soap and water, regular bathing, changing underwear and washing it, using the simplest form of biodegradable paper that only has to work for about 2 seconds. I remember when a former germaphobe housemate arrived home with sterile wipes and scented TP. She was thrilled. I told her that chemical-laden stuff wasn't touching my sensitive nether regions. Pretty ridiculous and paranoid when you think about it.

Old 09-19-2019, 04:39 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
We use very thin septic safe tp. It leaves crumbs of paper behind when you wet it. I also can’t reach a faucet from the toilet, and I can’t hold wet toilet paper and my phone at the same time.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:05 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,256,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
We use very thin septic safe tp. It leaves crumbs of paper behind when you wet it. I also can’t reach a faucet from the toilet, and I can’t hold wet toilet paper and my phone at the same time.
That’s why I use the Thayer’s witch hazel. It doesn’t seem to affect the tp as quickly as water. Can be stored on the back of the tank.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:00 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,966 times
Quote:
I use baby wipes to clean my dog's feet when she comes in from the yard (really only if it's a bit muddy or she's been digging). I have friends who use wipes to remove make-up. I use lotion and then witch hazel with cotton rounds for that, but whatever. I have used wipes for removing makeup too, but prefer the other method. But I never flush them. Wouldn't have entered my mind to do so.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:27 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,321,790 times
Anyone who flushes anything other than bodily waste and toilet paper, needs to be the one that goes out in the yard next time the sewer line clogs, digs a three foot deep hole, punches a hole in the top of the clay tile pipe, runs a 100 foot steel snake to clean it out, rolls up the sewage-covered snake (you will pinch your fingers painfully at least three times while doing this), uses an abrasive hacksaw blade to cut the tile pipe on either side, installs a cleanout tee with rubber boots on either side, and fills the hole back up.

Do you have any idea how long it takes you to cut through a piece of clay tile sewer pipe, with an abrasive hacksaw blade, down at the bottom of a hole filled with mud and sewage, when you only have room to take a 3" stroke on the saw at a time?

If you're not willing to do that, then don't flush your nonsense materials down my toilet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House