Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2019, 09:24 PM

195 posts, read 274,377 times

Advertisements

Have a 2015 Samsung refrigerator...
Ice stopped working. Was all iced over. Cleared it off but didn’t work.

Got the hairdryer on it for about 5mins, hit the reset button but it’s still not making any ice.

What should I try next? It’s definitely not the temperature as it’s still freezer cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 03:15 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,196,836 times
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...er/td-p/278907
Other people had the same problem and they give their solutions. I pray one of them works for you.

Old 10-03-2019, 07:08 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,074,940 times
The known ice maker problem is why I didn't buy one, or an LG.

Good luck!

Old 10-03-2019, 09:00 AM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
Yep; huge design flaw!
Was looking for new fridge a couple of yrs ago- didn't buy the Samsung for that reason.

Old 10-03-2019, 10:11 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,245,044 times
I bought a Samsung quad flex last year based upon the feedback they have improved things with the ice maker. Heavy daily use and still working, but obviously no guarantees.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:08 PM

195 posts, read 274,377 times
Well I don’t feel like any water is coming out to freeze, so maybe it’s something frozen in the water lines? Maybe I need to unplug the thing and move all food into a freezer chest?

That or I need to figure out how to remove the unit to see whether there is any ice at the back because you can’t see anything

Old 10-05-2019, 09:46 AM

930 posts, read 1,818,085 times
I have the same problem with the icing up but its still working. I use hair dryer about every other week or so. I've tried most of the solutions suggested (ice drop insulation around seal, caulking any area that I could that might let warmer moist air in, replaced ice box holder since the one I had cracked on the bottom) to no avail. I'm not going to spend thousands to get a new fridge. I will just deal with it best I can for the time being.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:59 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,556,796 times
We have a Samsung from 2015 as well. I don’t know model name or number - a Home Depot buy with upper French doors, middle pull out drawer, and lower pull out door. Ice maker is in the upper left section of the frig section. Ours used to get clogged up sometimes too whereby an ice cube gets stuck on the delivery to the bucket below. The cause (and solution apparently) for us - has to re-level it to make sure it was absolutely flat. It worked great for 2 years. Then I refinished the oak floor. In doing so, I threw off the level by an 1/8th of an inch forwards. Shortly after that is when it started acting up. Read somewhere on the internet, might’ve been a Samsung forum, about the insane sensitivity of being level for these fridges. It’s something about the water draining through. I don’t get it, but whatever it was, the leveling fixed it (for the most part - will still do it maybe once every 6 months or so).

It’s a pretty easy fix though, and completely explained to me why ours came with a funny little wrench. It’s the front wheels, just give them about a ½ turn in the direction that raises it up and see if that’s enough.

My parents have a different Samsung, I think around the same year, and it stopped working too. But different reason. There are YouTube videos on how to reset it via the buttons on the front. To check it to give you an error code number and then search up the number on how to basically reboot the system.

Old 10-06-2019, 09:10 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Glad we're still using the old refrigerator my dad bought for this house 10-12 years ago that doesn't have an ice maker in it. So we bought 2 kinds of ice makers. One is a counter top ice maker which does a great job and the other kind comes in packs of 3 or 4 and cost a couple dollars. Don't want a built in ice maker. Nothing but trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House