Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 12:28 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
I never hear dogs. Myself and several neighbors have them, but none of them bark at each other. Thank you for making me feel better about my neighborhood.

Ehhh I don't think so. I'm friendly with everyone, and they all wave at me. I just wish they'd take some pride in their properties. One guy recently got a brand new roof and mounted a satelite dish about 3 feet above the front door instead of in the back.

We'll probably stick around longterm for the great nearby school. Thanks for the replies, All.
Satellite dishes are properly located in accordance with line of sight reference to transmitters, not the whims of neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2019, 12:45 AM

2,373 posts, read 1,910,508 times
The Flamingo story reminds me of another one. We were on a street that wound around to a cul-de-sac. Nice street, nice people. One fun loving guy with several children lived next door to a couple with one child . That couple liked things quiet and a nice, well kept yard. So the other neighbor with all the children bought a bunch of plastic flamingos and positioned them gathering in his own yard. Daily, he moved a couple just a little toward the more reserved neighbor's yard. Then a little further. Then a few more. It continued. One day the reserved neighbor was mad enough to...well...frown. So the flamingos all walked back to their original yard, all at once this time.

But a few days later they were headed back to the reserved neighbor's grass.

Old 12-26-2019, 12:58 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
[QUOTE=phonelady61;56934884]I warn everyone here do not give a neighbors dog a sleeping pill or any other kind of pill .
Of course you do!
Because if that dog dies you can and will be held liable for the dogs death and it some parts of the country that is jail time .[B]Please just walk around and ask the folks to please keep the dog inside or take the dog on a long walk before they leave for work jeeze .[/quote]

I walked around and talked to them repeatedly, as did the neighbors, and the police. The lady who lived there said that this was her daughter's dog so we would all just have to be "understanding". This went on for 6-8 years and as I mentioned, my next-door neighbors MOVED because of this dog.

Good luck proving who gave the dog a pill if it died. All of the neighbors hoped it would die and verbalized that repeatedly. The "rights" of a nuisance dog do NOT trump the rights of humans to have peace and quiet in their own homes.

Old 12-26-2019, 03:49 AM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,761 times
I went from a wonderful neighbor I barely knew existed to one I don't like at all.

A retired lady lived in the house next to mine and our properties are very close. However, it never bothered me as she kept her blinds closed where her windows faced my property, and she was very quiet. I really didn't even know when she was home as she parked her car on the other side of her house, and I never heard her.

She moved in with her sister and sold her house to this younger man. Short, fat, ugly looking and blasts his music. Even with his windows and mine closed, I can hear it. Not loudly, but still audible. I heard it last night at 12:30 and was ticked off.

He also doesn't close the window blinds that face my property, so I have no privacy. I feel like he can observe me when I'm in my yard and watch my comings and goings as I use the back door to enter/leave my house. I just hate him so much.

Old 12-26-2019, 05:27 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
[QUOTE=phonelady61;56934884]I warn everyone here do not give a neighbors dog a sleeping pill or any other kind of pill .
Of course you do!
Because if that dog dies you can and will be held liable for the dogs death and it some parts of the country that is jail time .[B]Please just walk around and ask the folks to please keep the dog inside or take the dog on a long walk before they leave for work jeeze .

I walked around and talked to them repeatedly, as did the neighbors, and the police. The lady who lived there said that this was her daughter's dog so we would all just have to be "understanding". This went on for 6-8 years and as I mentioned, my next-door neighbors MOVED because of this dog.

Good luck proving who gave the dog a pill if it died. All of the neighbors hoped it would die and verbalized that repeatedly. The "rights" of a nuisance dog do NOT trump the rights of humans to have peace and quiet in their own homes.[/quote]

You have heard of outside cameras on houses right ? yeah in this day and age would not be hard to prove anything . all they need is camera surveillance and you are nailed . I would be very careful these days cause you never know who is watching .

Old 12-26-2019, 09:54 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
I gots good neighbors..not one of 'em has complained about my 64 Falcon sitting up on blocks for the last 7 years..or that broke refrigerator I been meaning to fix out on the front porch..hell, one of 'em even offered me a new roll of duct tape for that cracked window glass on the bedroom..good neighbors..
You're kidding, right?

Old 12-26-2019, 10:22 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,823,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
[/b]

You have heard of outside cameras on houses right ? yeah in this day and age would not be hard to prove anything . all they need is camera surveillance and you are nailed . I would be very careful these days cause you never know who is watching .
You really need to "win" this don't you? Perhaps you are "that neighbor"?

Old 12-26-2019, 10:49 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Look all I know is my house and yard will be kept clean. We'll probably have a couple of Sunday get togethers (football and just normal friends) but nothing crazy to **** off the other neighbors. I'm hoping that they are all cool enough that we can invite them over as well.

Old 12-26-2019, 11:56 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,955,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Satellite dishes are properly located in accordance with line of sight reference to transmitters, not the whims of neighbors.
It's actually code in my city that you can't place it on the front of the house, but I'm not petty enough to report it after the guy put holes in his roof.

Old 12-26-2019, 12:31 PM

6,294 posts, read 4,191,093 times
We always bought houses on corner lots that allows for privacy and acts as a buffer. We chose this neighborhood because it had a strict no parking rule on the street ( not hoa neighbourhood). We scouted the neighborhood to see how well maintained the houses and yards were, and the condition of the cars parked outside the garages. We’ve lived in lower income and higher income and rarely had problems with neighbors, at least so far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House