Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 03:40 AM

6,360 posts, read 4,181,873 times

Advertisements

Wording if you washed them in cold or warm water since it usually takes a hot water wash to completely break down powdered detergent, however in your situation the sitting detergent could have permanently stained the shorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2020, 07:00 AM

6,454 posts, read 3,974,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocosam View Post
The thing was these shorts were brand new. I never worn them but left it there. Have tough time finding these same shorts.

Well could i try the tide to go pen? What about vinegar? I read online that you could try putting vinegar on it and rubbing it? Then you leave it in cold water for a while and it might go away? If so, use hot or cold water? The thing is this stain is in like the back of the shorts... one is right in the buttocks area and the other is like the bottom. There is no stain on the front.

The color is actually like stone white... more than khaki... that is the issue. So i want to try whatever might work before i give up on this.
Some people think vinegar sets dye, so I don't put much store by this. I mean, you can try whatever you want, but at this point you might keep trying things that might not work. Or, you could just try re-dyeing. You could possibly use Rit Color Remover if you're concerned about matching-- that might make it more uniform-- but that's also likely to remove the dye of the shorts (ask me how I know once when a pair of khaki pants got stained. Color Remover took out the dye staining them... and the pants were peach-colored after. Probably not a big deal if you're then going to re-dye).

Why not call the company and ask them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House