Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 10:46 AM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

I just had an online Master Gardener class on vegetable, herbs, and fruits. I haven’t grown vegetables for years, but I have a bit of an urge to try a few veggies in a different area of my yard. Maybe I’ll sneak out to the garden center and snag some plants. It should be easy to social distance outside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 05:19 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times
Just re-caulked all the wood on our southern exposure side of our house. I then repainted it. These past three days I have been working on retaining my deck. Luckily the weather has been amazing. Next week, I can start working on the landscaping.

Old 03-30-2020, 02:04 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,275,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I knocked off my maid service. Poor me, I had to clean my own toilets. I have not done that for years. Very tiring so I now need a nap.....LOL
Yup-me, too.

Cat

Old 03-30-2020, 04:17 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just had an online Master Gardener class on vegetable, herbs, and fruits. I haven’t grown vegetables for years, but I have a bit of an urge to try a few veggies in a different area of my yard. Maybe I’ll sneak out to the garden center and snag some plants. It should be easy to social distance outside.
Geez, I had all kinds of plans for new garden beds in my yard. Since all our chapter Master Gardener activities have been cancelled, I need to fulfill my gardening "jones" right at home. But our governor just slapped a "stay-at-home" order on all non-essential trips extending until June 10th and it's effective immediately. I wish he could have given until April 1st like DC is doing; I could have gotten a lot of chores and errands done tomorrow. Now I have no mulch, and no new plants, and I've already been stuck in my house for 6 damn weeks. My yard service can't even come, or my yard helpers!

Old 03-30-2020, 05:29 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,545,581 times
Where to begin. I have already raked my yard since the snow has been gone for some time now (other than last week’s five inches which melted in just a few days). It takes days for me to get that done, and about twenty leaf bags. The raking includes numerous landscaping beds. In the fall I do a pretty good job but after the snow falls leaves still pile up. I’ve cleaned up my garden bed. It’s only 8x4. I plan on planting lettuce, beets, and radishes, maybe some spinach. Hopefully the garden gets started this week. Also, the snow equipment gets put away and the summer stuff comes out of the shed, including all the lawn equipment, the patio furniture, the grill, etc. Oh, I also trimmed some shrubs and hedges before they begin growing this late winter.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:29 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Not because I'm a shut-in, cause I'm working full blast 70 hours a week right now from home BUT...

My son is home from Montana State U., so as he get's free time from his on-line studies I'm going to

1. Finish the ceiling in my shop
2. Repair the front end on his Farmall Cub
3. Install 3 new front exterior lights.
4. Power wash the deck and restain.
5. One last piece of exterior corner trim left to do on the house.
6. Get a 1" supply pipe plumbed from our basement utility room and run it to the exterior, then have a new irrigation system installed around the house.
7. Help my wife get the garden plants started or in the ground as appropriate.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:13 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,002,922 times
I'm starting an at-home T-shirt company imprinted with: I Survived COVID-19

Old 04-04-2020, 11:47 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,588,583 times
A lot deep cleaning and and organizing of stuff, yard work, getting greenhouse going and garden ready, some miner updates on the outside of the house as well! I've overlooked during the last year.. The hardest part of this whole deal is not seeing my grandson daily... I watched him 5 days a week for the last two years, but since both parents are now working from home I've had a lot free time.... So having all this stuff I put off has kept me busy and sane!

Old 04-05-2020, 01:27 PM

7,770 posts, read 6,376,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
I will start going through my stuff again, but differently this time. Recently I got rid of some stuff, but this time I am going to go through it with the thought, when I'm dead no one is going to want to have some of this crap to deal with. That is what I am going to keep in mind.

I will practice the exercise I learned in my years of office work, to handle each item as few times as possible. Since I don't know when I'm going to die, I'll get busy now; could be tomorrow I die.
I need to do this also, in another 14 years I will be 100.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House