Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 01:40 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Obviously, you can't buy "dark blue khaki" shorts since khaki is a color...

Yep! But you can certainly buy "chinos" in "dark blue".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 01:46 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Go to Salvation army and find a new pair. It will cost you less than you have spent trying to clean them.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:06 PM

23,278 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky roger View Post
I don't think i heard of goof. But were those stains very long though?

Someone else tells me because i left it water for two weeks, it came from the impurity of the water and i cannot fix this issue. Can anyone else have opinion on this? I am so frustrated now that i caused this mess because i just wanted to clean a small black stain which is now relatively nothing compared to how the shorts look like now. I mean you can't even wear it anymore if thats how it looks in the back.

Anyone here had a situation like this ever? Again, i had it in water for almost two weeks because i was concerned if i just hang it up to dry in the apt... that might make the small black stain impossible to clean... then had no idea it can cause my back of shorts to look like this now.

What should i do now? Is there any harm in just taking it out of water and letting it dry? I assume no way it would just get back to normal letting it dry right? What do i need to put on it besides goof?

Would dial dishwashing soap or hand sanitizer or vinegar work?
Hand sanitizer? About the only active ingredient in sanitizer is alcohol. Dish soap? Vinegar? Not much stain removing ability. No reason you can't try the Goof, but chances are it won't help much by this time. The stain has probably dyed the cloth fibers for good. If you keep trying other chemicals on them eventually you'll weaken or destroy the stitching or fabric. Other chemicals could bleach the fabric unevenly too. Remember, fabrics tend to look darker when wet. Wash them with regular detergent, rinse them well and let then dry. Maybe the stain will look a little lighter too. Get used to it. If you really like the shorts themselves you could dye them a dark color to hide the stain (but if they were sewn with polyester thread the thread may not pick up the dye) and get yourself a new pair of khakis.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:30 PM

829 posts, read 629,065 times
Before giving up on stained clothing, I put a hefty amount of Spray 'n Wash Pre-Treat Stain Stick on the area and let it sit overnight and then I wash it. There's not much it hasn't lifted. I have no advice on the discoloration other than maybe, just maybe, when you wash the shorts, it won't be as obvious.

Old 07-29-2020, 04:37 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
I use Spray and Wash routinely on stains before washing. If that doesn’t get rid of the stain, keep the shorts for around the house, and buy a new pair.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:18 PM

17 posts, read 8,993 times
Hello. Well i prefer the white or khaki color shorts... i don't like navy color. These are from banana republic and was very hard to get and they don't sell these anymore. Also they were pretty damn expensive.

Someone told me use alcohol or hand sanitizer or dial soap. Said try that in each order.

Yes i did thought maybe when it dries... the stain might not look as bad. But the thing is i had stains before when wet but i could tell when it dries.. it isn't going to look like a stain. You all can clearly see those few stains in the back right? Its like brown smudges so to speak? The thing is if it is this color, there isn't anything worst i could do to it because i cannot wear it outside anymore. So i get what you mean i could destroy the fabric and stitching if i keep trying more things.

So everyone agrees just dry it right and see what happens?

The only thing i have is a tide to go pen. Would that work? Does the spray and wash work on situations like this? What kind of stains did you get on it? lyndyb and silibran? I dont mind buying it if that works.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:34 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,196,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky roger View Post
I don't think i heard of goof. But were those stains very long though?

Someone else tells me because i left it water for two weeks, it came from the impurity of the water and i cannot fix this issue. Can anyone else have opinion on this? I am so frustrated now that i caused this mess because i just wanted to clean a small black stain which is now relatively nothing compared to how the shorts look like now. I mean you can't even wear it anymore if thats how it looks in the back.

Anyone here had a situation like this ever? Again, i had it in water for almost two weeks because i was concerned if i just hang it up to dry in the apt... that might make the small black stain impossible to clean... then had no idea it can cause my back of shorts to look like this now.

What should i do now? Is there any harm in just taking it out of water and letting it dry? I assume no way it would just get back to normal letting it dry right? What do i need to put on it besides goof?

Would dial dishwashing soap or hand sanitizer or vinegar work?
I have had stains I washed and dried and still used goof off and they came out.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:35 PM

7,049 posts, read 4,818,181 times
Go to the store and buy either the Goof Off or the Spray & Wash. you also might try Dawn Blue dish detergent, the original formula, couple of drops and scrub with a toothbrush.

Or go find another pair of Khaki shorts. Or put them back in the bucket for another few weeks.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
I have had stains I washed and dried and still used goof off and they came out.

HI. How long did you had the stains for before you used the goof?

Old 07-29-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Go to the store and buy either the Goof Off or the Spray & Wash. you also might try Dawn Blue dish detergent, the original formula, couple of drops and scrub with a toothbrush.

Or go find another pair of Khaki shorts. Or put them back in the bucket for another few weeks.

Someone on another forum suggested i

Wash the shorts again and use detergent. I will be hand washing it.

Then they said use sanitizer or alcohol to see if it works. Then in the end use goof.

So you all disagree with them? I do have that blue dawn dish washing soap with me at the moment. So you recommend this first... then go buy the goof and the ocean spray afterwards? Again, my big concern is to not use something that might cause even more issues where it cannot be reversed... if it still could.

So right now use dawn dish washing soap after i wash it and dry it right? Or just use it now when its still wet? I just don't want to make a mistake here.

So don't use alcohol? Alcohol has absoultey no use for this right? Thank you.

Last edited by franky roger; 07-29-2020 at 08:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House