Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 02:53 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times

Advertisements

People look down upon vinyl pools, just like they look down on fabric seats in a car.

But just like fabric seats being way more comfortable, vinyl pools are way more 'comfortable" as well. Softer on the feet, easier to maintain, lower initial cost and can be made to adapt to just about any design a concrete pool can be imagined. Quality was once an issue, but now is comparable to fiberglass or concrete. In fact, if you need major maintenance, vinyl is easier all around.

Having had both, i would never go back to concrete. Most of my neighbors are putting in fiberglass...kidney shaped pools....so there must be something they like about that...aside from returning from work at night and , voila: pool !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2020, 03:10 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
But OP, you never explained why ELECTRICITY and POOL CLEANING cost would be more with concrete, according to that lovely graphic (that was of course made by someone trying to sell you a particular type of pool)?

Why did you ignore K'ledgeBldr's post about those things?

Old 09-30-2020, 08:22 AM

792 posts, read 496,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane33 View Post
OK, the first one is right, but with all the options, one ends up choosing a rectangular or kidney-shaped pool anyway, which both methods can do.
Long term maintenance seems definetly easier with a fiberglass pool, than concrete; some say its in the $1000 difference per year!
Life span is also not true, since concrete cracks.

See below from this page:
https://www.riverpoolsandspas.com/bl...berglass-pools
This is an amazing lie.

I have never acid washed my pool. Doing so would shorten the lifespan of the plaster.

I don't have a pool cleaning service. I'm not even sure what that means.

Replaster ever 10-15? This is the only one that is a half truth. If you manage CSI (not hard to do) the plaster will last much longer. A liner will also need to be replaced in a similar if not shorter cycle. But what do you do when fiberglass cracks?

Chemical usage. I maybe spend $50 per season.

Electrical. Low speed pump and SWCG are basically free. Don't even notice it on the bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House