Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 10:59 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times

Advertisements

If the pasta are in paper/cardboard boxes, I'd only use it if you were able to immediately transfer the pasta to a different container. Honestly, you'd probably be fine either way, but why take that chance, especially for something that is so inexpensive and easily replaceable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 01:40 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
No adult should be afraid of a cockroach. Were you expecting it to leap to your jugular vein and kill you?

As it is, any damage done to your grocery budget was done by you in a gross overreaction to a perceived, but false threat.

Old 11-06-2020, 01:54 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewfran View Post
Hi. Can I still wash the bottles with soap after I put everything in a brand new trash bag last week and basically just left it there since almost last week though? Right now its the unopened coconut water... the 8 pack of water, the pasta, and i have two bottles of dish washing soap in it... so could there be contamination because the pasta is in it? The pasta is not in a box... its like those barilla pasta plastic bags but different brand.

I dont mind tossing the pasta... i want to keep the unopened 8 pack of water and like two bottles of the coconut water.... and I do want to keep my dial dish washing liquid...

Is it a bit too late though since its been almost a week?
Everything should be fine because it's in plastic. Just wash it off. The pasta too. By now the bug spray has evaporated.

Old 11-06-2020, 02:06 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Don't bother, OP has left the building.

Old 11-06-2020, 04:06 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,501,136 times
I would throw it all away, but that's just me, maybe its not necessary. My guess is the spray will contain oils which may not be removed with a water based product.

Old 11-06-2020, 04:57 AM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
Soapy water will remove most of the spray residue. A few seconds of sloshing in a sink of soapy water will take care of it. Then drain briefly and gently open the container. Pour the contents into a clean substitute so you don’t have to worry while drinking or measuring. You will be fine.

Old 11-07-2020, 11:04 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,425,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewfran View Post
Hi. Can I still wash the bottles with soap after I put everything in a brand new trash bag last week and basically just left it there since almost last week though? Right now its the unopened coconut water... the 8 pack of water, the pasta, and i have two bottles of dish washing soap in it... so could there be contamination because the pasta is in it? The pasta is not in a box... its like those barilla pasta plastic bags but different brand.

I dont mind tossing the pasta... i want to keep the unopened 8 pack of water and like two bottles of the coconut water.... and I do want to keep my dial dish washing liquid...

Is it a bit too late though since its been almost a week?
As others said just wash the bottles. Fill up your sink with soapy water and soak then rinse and dry with a paper towel. The pasta even in a plastic bag I would tend to throw out. The bags aren't as thick as water bottles. Since you have a roach problem, invest in some plastic bins to put your food in when storing. This way they won't be attracted to your food.

In the future I find that hairspray actually works better with lower toxicity than bug spray so long as you can directly spray the critter. It freezes them as it dries and they drop so that you can sweep or vac them up.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:49 AM

10,018 posts, read 8,621,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Don't bother, OP has left the building.
Was it taken over by roaches ?

Old 11-10-2020, 08:48 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Shouldnt be spraying Raid or any other pesticide in the home.. highly toxic to health..pesticides can enter the human body three ways: 1) by absorption through the skin or eyes (dermally); 2) through the mouth (orally); and 3) by breathing into the lungs (inhalation).

Old 11-10-2020, 09:16 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Shouldnt be spraying Raid or any other pesticide in the home.. highly toxic to health..pesticides can enter the human body three ways: 1) by absorption through the skin or eyes (dermally); 2) through the mouth (orally); and 3) by breathing into the lungs (inhalation).
I'm not concerned with spraying Raid indoors, especially if it's not always being used. It's marked as being safe for use indoor, but I still say don't go crazy with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House