Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2021, 08:30 AM

6 posts, read 3,611 times

Advertisements

Where do you buy thermostats and air cleaner accessories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 08:35 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
Ferguson

Old 01-06-2021, 11:52 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,321,790 times
Thermostats? Big box store or the local hardware store.

Air cleaner accessories? No idea what this means. Do you mean furnace filters? I buy those at the big box store or the local hardware store.

Old 01-06-2021, 12:36 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
NAPA
AutoZone

...just covering all the bases!

Old 01-09-2021, 10:12 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TildaG View Post
Bought my thermostat on eBay, from Honeywell (brand). I tried a Nest and I'm that rare person who can't use one, it befuddled the Nest tech so that's that. Connecting it up wasn't rocket science and it's used during the winter past nine seasons, heat only as I don't have central air here in Seattle.

If "air cleaner accessories" means furnace filter (not really sure), that's a Home Depot thing. After, I looked them up online and bought a six pack on Amazon to be changed annually or semi-annually. That really cleaned up my home air quality, AFTER I had a service come in a blow out my vents summer c. 2019: latter was money well spent, I'll do that every three years or so moving forward due to two pets in the home w/medium hair.

Old 01-20-2021, 06:46 AM

23 posts, read 14,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TildaG View Post
Try to find what you need on Partzstop Here you will find excellent availability of choice and a large assortment and good price offers.

Old 01-20-2021, 10:31 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Walmart hardware has a small selection of thermostats and an ok selection of air filters. Step up to traditional hardware stores and the quality and selection of thermostats and air filters increase. Go to a specialty HVAC shop and you’ll receive expert help in selecting the thermostat and air filter for your needs.

The price of automatic thermostats and 7 day programmable thermostats have dropped dramatically compared to when they first came out. Both offer some energy saving features. An automatic thermostat allows you to set the HEAT setting and COOL setting (must have at least 3 degrees difference between the two settings) and the unit will automatically switch between heat and cool as needed. No more coming home from work to a very hot home or waking up to a freezing cold home. If you live and work a set schedule then you can increase your energy savings by setting the thermostat temperature to go down a few degrees before bedtime, up a few degrees just before time to wake up, and up (for cool) or down (for heat) a few more degrees while at work and back to normal just before you come home from work. I work rotating shifts and my wife is home all day so we leave off the program and just use the automatic setting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House