Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 12:50 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,419,895 times

Advertisements

I got a wall mount for 8 bucks and did DIY. I would never own a TV cabinet. Space is money, like 200-1000 usd psf. DVDs work well at scaring away pigeons if you hang them from a string on your balcony. Otherwise, put them on a thumb drive and play off USB.. A lot of good old movies are public domain.. the heirs didn't renew the copyright after 40 or 50 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2021, 06:10 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
I like to check DVDs out from the public library. It's free; no downloading or manipulation of files required; and when I'm done, I return the movie and don't need to find storage. I have so many thumb drives lying about that finding the one with the files I want is a chore. And I don't think I've ever wanted to watch any movie more than twice.

Old 02-03-2021, 07:58 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,419,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
I like to check DVDs out from the public library. It's free; no downloading or manipulation of files required; and when I'm done, I return the movie and don't need to find storage. I have so many thumb drives lying about that finding the one with the files I want is a chore. And I don't think I've ever wanted to watch any movie more than twice.
I''LL bet most are available for free at archive.org, YouTube, or even www. military-stuff. org

DVDs are not here to stay by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 02-03-2021, 10:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Im 47 yrs old...I do use streaming most of the time, I have Amazon Prime and subscribed to a few different genre channels thru prime, there are 1000s of movies, but sometimes I cannot find a movie I want to watch on streaming service, this is mainly what this TV will be used for, (just DVDs), I have around 50 DVDs, a DVD player and a 42" HD Tv just sitting in my closet taking up space...

Plus, I want to try to get rid of some of my wood stock that Ive accumulated over past projects.

Im getting close to having my lighted wall shelf done, seems like its taking forever, but I generally only work on it when I have some extra time, after work, etc. and its a real BEAR getting everything straight and the way I want it, I will post pics when Im done with it.

Last edited by Yac; 02-04-2021 at 12:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House