U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 10:28 PM

13,750 posts, read 12,595,717 times

Advertisements

When I said you’re severely limited you are. Every pot and pan on the market will not work on induction. There are limited pots and pans that work with induction.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2021, 06:49 AM

6,190 posts, read 8,474,239 times
I bought an induction single-burner cooktop on Amazon about 4 years ago and some pots that work with it. It does work very well and I never use the burners on my old stove top anymore. I just pull out the induction and use it. I like that the handle of the pot is safe to touch even while it is on high heat. It also seems to cook more quickly and efficiently. I do miss using some of my other pots and pans. The induction cooktop I bought online was not expensive - maybe 45 -65 dollars? Brand was Duxtop. You could get one and try it out before buying a whole new oven/stove to see what you think....

Old 03-16-2021, 12:51 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,028,697 times
Quote:
You know, you could get gas and use refillable tanks.
Just jerking your chain.
Ha ha. steiconi. We actually had someone in our (hoa) neighborhood try to get approval for a (large) outdoor propane tank. Uh, no.

Quote:
2. There are big appliance shortages everywhere!
Yes! I've noticed that, too. I would find something I like and no one has it. I'm almost thinking about just waiting for supplies to come back. My old stove works, I just don't like it.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:44 PM

23,553 posts, read 15,041,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Yes! I've noticed that, too. I would find something I like and no one has it. I'm almost thinking about just waiting for supplies to come back. My old stove works, I just don't like it.
that's why you should figure out what you want so you can get on the order list. You may not actually get it for another many months, but at least you won't be at the back of the line when things do start coming in.

And in many cases, if you change your mind, stores are waiving restocking fees, etc. because they have plenty of other waiting customers to sell it to.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
that's why you should figure out what you want so you can get on the order list. You may not actually get it for another many months, but at least you won't be at the back of the line when things do start coming in.

And in many cases, if you change your mind, stores are waiving restocking fees, etc. because they have plenty of other waiting customers to sell it to.

Except no one will allow you to order. I've tried several places - they all list as out of stock with no way to buy and get in line. I suspect they had too many irate people who tied up their $$ and got nothing.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:33 PM

23,553 posts, read 15,041,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Except no one will allow you to order. I've tried several places - they all list as out of stock with no way to buy and get in line. I suspect they had too many irate people who tied up their $$ and got nothing.
You need to go to a store in person, not order online. Preferably a local store, not a big box.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:37 PM

4,560 posts, read 10,264,641 times
I bought an LG slide in induction range. Couldn’t be happier. Although I like GE’s styling better, I am leery of their reliability.

It took very little time to adjust to cooking on induction- it responds just like gas.

I had to replace all of my (very expensive) Calphalon anodized aluminum cookware, but I factored that into the cost when I made the decision. I purchased a set of stainless cookware from Made In and I’ve been very happy with it as well.

I bought mine through Costco but that was right before the all the supply issues that have cropped up. I just looked and the LG model they show on their website is $3049! I only paid $1799 for mine.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You need to go to a store in person, not order online. Preferably a local store, not a big box.
Yeah. Funny enough, the big box stores have driven most of them out of business. Lots of places around here deal in used appliances, not really new.

Old 03-16-2021, 04:08 PM

8,957 posts, read 11,466,572 times
Induction, induction, induction!! Had ours for about a year now. Cooked on gas for 7 years, electric for 10, and now induction. I would choose it over gas (and definately electric). The ability to control a precise temperature is second to none. And the speed to heat up/boil, as well as easy clean-up is fantastic.

Mine is a bit fancier than you are looking at (we also wanted it to be a design feature), but I have ZERO regrets with going with an induction!!

https://www.appliancesconnection.com...SABEgIUXfD_BwE

Old 03-16-2021, 04:57 PM

2,913 posts, read 8,035,165 times
Another vote for induction. We've had our Thermador cooktop for 3 years with no problems. All Clad copper core, regular stainless and cast iron works great.

If you are in Florida you will love the fact that there is no heat generated other than from the pot. Spills can be cleaned up immediately and it is energy efficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House