Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 07:13 AM

18,844 posts, read 13,730,234 times

Advertisements

Did someone who called me hostile really just use an abbreviation to put a curse in one of their posts?

What was the term I used earlier? Bizarro world...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 08:20 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,873,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Did someone who called me hostile really just use an abbreviation to put a curse in one of their posts?

What was the term I used earlier? Bizarro world...
Since when is frigging considered a curse word? I wasn’t be hostile, I was expressing my frustration at the ignorance of that poster.

And yes, it is a bizarro world when you’re this hostile over something so trivial Go back and read your responses to not just my post, not others. You’re taking this thread way too personal.

Old 06-01-2021, 08:36 AM

18,844 posts, read 13,730,234 times
Not much of a grand leap to assume that a person who is reading a lot more into the situation of the neighbors than the given information reveals would do the same to my posts...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-01-2021, 08:37 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,237,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
She’s not a ‘new’ neighbor and the neighbor she’s complaining about is about to drop out... hence the medial personnel at the house.

The casserole is a neighborly gesture... “gee, I’m sorry your mom, aunt, sister is on her death bed while I sit home, staring out my window, complaining to strangers about your home health/hospice nurses parking in the street”

As for the kids, yes, open the door and ask them to play elsewhere.

But they won’t knock on the door for either situation so what’s the point in advising it really?
I agree with a lot of this but I'd reword the casserole diatribe:

"Gee, I'm sorry your mom/aunt/sister is on her death bed. What can I do to help? Oh I've got a question - do you know of any particular reason why the medical personnel park in front of my house? Just wondering. Enjoy the casserole! I hope it helps take some of the load off your back."

Then of course she can try to talk with the kids. I actually had great success doing just that in another neighborhood, but YMMV. I was expecting the kids to basically ignore me and then I'd have to go talk with the parents, but the kids actually didn't ignore me at all and were very, very sweet and polite and paid scrupulous attention to my request (which was to quit playing in my driveway). Then they started talking about Halloween and all that good stuff and from that point on, I had new friends. Their parents were great too - and I never had to even mention my request of their kids to them because the kids were so well behaved.

Unless I had a viable answer, it WOULD bug me if someone visiting my neighbor parked in front of my house instead of theirs, every single time they came over. I know it's legal and all that, but I'd be frustrated, especially if I couldn't easily get out of my driveway due to their vehicle, or if they were blocking my mail box or a fire hydrant (both illegal where I live). But if they kept doing it (and it's the medical personnel, not the home owner) I'd ask the medical personnel why they were doing it and would they please stop impeding my exit regardless of legality, and if they were blocking the mail box or a fire hydrant I'd have to tell them that is illegal so please stop. That would probably do the trick, but if not, I'd call their agency and if that didn't work, I'd call the police if they were breaking the law.

But they also might give a very good reason I haven't thought of for parking in front of my house. I'd be open to that as well. I mean, surely they're not there for all that long.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:07 AM

3,292 posts, read 1,891,962 times
^^^"One Size Doesn't Fit All," "Things are rarely all black or all white, but rather a shade somewhere in between." The problem is the OP hasn't talked to anyone about the situation so it's left up to speculation with people coming down strongly on one side or the other when many of us see things somewhere in the middle.

I've had experiences with neighborhood kids similar to KA (since my kids have grown) and I think the way in which you approach them makes all the difference in the world. Maybe we're the oddballs but I've found it so much easier to make friends than enemies.

Old 06-01-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
^^^"One Size Doesn't Fit All," "Things are rarely all black or all white, but rather a shade somewhere in between." The problem is the OP hasn't talked to anyone about the situation so it's left up to speculation with people coming down strongly on one side or the other when many of us see things somewhere in the middle.

I've had experiences with neighborhood kids similar to KA (since my kids have grown) and I think the way in which you approach them makes all the difference in the world. Maybe we're the oddballs but I've found it so much easier to make friends than enemies.
Bingo. In real life anyway.

Old 06-01-2021, 11:55 AM

15,546 posts, read 11,920,914 times
[quote=KathrynAragon;61159248] That would probably do the trick, but if not, I'd call their agency and if that didn't work, I'd call the police if they were breaking the law.[/QUOT

They're legally park on a public street. What exactly would you say to the police? Or do you suggest the OP make a false police report against their neighbor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
But that's not the posts that I am describing as weird. It's the "too bad lady!" posts that are mind-boggling. Apparently the neighbors' decision not to have cars in front of their house is more valid than the op's. Makes zero sense to me. I'm just calling it as I see it.
It is not the neighbors parking their cars in front of the OP's house. It's only the home health care worker who is doing it.

Know what's actually mind boggling, those who are wanting to create a story about this dying woman's family having a vendetta against the neighbor.

Old 06-01-2021, 05:52 PM

[quote=Sundaydrive00;61160552]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That would probably do the trick, but if not, I'd call their agency and if that didn't work, I'd call the police if they were breaking the law.[/QUOT

They're legally park on a public street. What exactly would you say to the police? Or do you suggest the OP make a false police report against their neighbor?
I clearly said I would call the police IF THEY WERE BREAKING THE LAW. By "breaking the law" I mean blocking a driveway, a mailbox or a fire hydrant in my state anyway. I also didn't imply, or mean, that anyone should file a false police report. That's why I clarified "IF THEY WERE BREAKING THE LAW."

And actually, I have also said numerous times that I would start by simply speaking to the healthcare providers and asking them why they are parking where they're parking.

Old 06-01-2021, 08:33 PM

6,699 posts, read 4,678,841 times
Go buy an orange cone or two. I don't know how much room you need for turning into your driveway. It's a public street so you can't keep people from parking there. You can try placing the orange cone two or three feet from your driveway about a foot from the curb.

Or, like someone else suggested, have your driveway widened.

How many times a day are you coming and going from your driveway? How often do you want to use the space in front of your house? How many hours is it occupied by the medical people?

Is this really a problem, or is it most of the time just something that aggravates you? Do you get fixated on things, blow them all out of proportion, then spend time fretting about them.

Old 06-01-2021, 08:48 PM

6,699 posts, read 4,678,841 times
Kids playing on her newly seeded grass is a much bigger problem than someone parking in front of her house on a public street, imho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House