Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 04:15 PM

6,360 posts, read 4,181,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Don’t forget to include labor costs, insulation costs, as well as time savings if that is a concern. In addition, our superior walls were ready for wiring and drywall. Except for a bit of blocking where interior walls intersected the exterior walls, we had no additional framing materials or labor on the exterior walls when finishing the basement. By making sure the exterior drainage was done properly, no additional waterproofing was necessary on the outside. Our R-20 insulation is vary appropriate here in SW Ohio. 6 years now and no moisture anywhere on the walls or floor. I felt very comfortable in starting to finish off the walls.

Our cost for the walls came in slightly lower than the cast in place quote by the time the additional material and labor for the insulation and framing was added so that we were comparing apples to apples. In addition to that, our walls were going up in less than a weeks time after the foundation went in.
Understood and that’s why contractor bidding in the specific area will clearly identify what each system will cost and then the end user can evaluate and choose the best wall system for their particular needs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 04:51 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,500,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
Lumber prices for formwork is very minimal since concrete contractor use panel forms, kickers and strong backs that are all reusable.

Last I heard, pre cast and ICF systems were at least 20% higher than cast in place. In order to accurately determine the difference in cost, you need to obtain actual bids for the specific project.
I’m not the one throwing out “last I heard” prices.

Old 08-08-2021, 09:12 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james9988 View Post
@k..bldr - How did you know I won the lottery? I did not even tell myself yet Joking aside.
With the lumber prices still high do you think in 2021-22 Precast or ICF still does not make sense. In the past what i heard is 6-7% more but outweighs the benefits.

Lumber prices are basically back to pre-pandemic levels.
But, lumber prices aren’t the question- it’s labor. Local labor for E TN I’m quite sure is nothing compared to the labor prices that are built into the panel/precast type of construction. Most local labor will probably know nothing about the panel/precast- which will require professional/specialty trained personnel= $more dollars$

Old 08-15-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Lumber prices are basically back to pre-pandemic levels.
But, lumber prices aren’t the question- it’s labor. Local labor for E TN I’m quite sure is nothing compared to the labor prices that are built into the panel/precast type of construction. Most local labor will probably know nothing about the panel/precast- which will require professional/specialty trained personnel= $more dollars$
I would check out the panel/precast information for your area and not just trust the word of a contractor who may or may not be familiar with current building technologies, especially for those outside of his/her immediate region. Blanket statements are not always reliable.

Old 08-19-2021, 12:02 PM

9 posts, read 12,416 times
Superior Wall rep said that as of now 8/9/21 they are not making any walls more than 10' tall which is fine for my basement but the main living area has walls taller than 10', so no luck for me.

Old 08-19-2021, 01:26 PM

6,360 posts, read 4,181,873 times
Quote:
Superior Wall rep said that as of now 8/9/21 they are not making any walls more than 10' tall which is fine for my basement but the main living area has walls taller than 10', so no luck for me.
Guess you were looking to build a concrete bunker

Old 08-19-2021, 08:37 PM

Quote:
See what they have to say about stacking them. I have never seen this done personally, but I know it can be an option to increase height.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:51 AM

They cannot stack the walls at this time maybe next year, "things are changing every day at superior walls". They might even wall taller than 10' in the near future. Vanhooseco said they can do higher than 10' but are very unresponsive and bad in communication. Trying to get quote from them, will see the difference.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:46 AM

Multi-Level – Superior Walls TN

I found this on their website.

Old 08-20-2021, 03:39 PM

I asked the rep from TN the same question since i saw it on their website. He mentioned it can be stacked but each floor height wall cannot be more than 10'. (above grade panels can be used in conjunction with foundation panels and stacked to create multiple stories).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House