Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:53 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,968 times

Advertisements

Use it daily. Cook dinner 6 days a week. It's small but efficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 09:56 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy234 View Post
How often do you cook and clean in the kitchen? Who is the primary cook? Do you utilize your kitchen well? Is it the center of your house? Do all of you eat together? What memories do you think your children will have of the time they spent in the kitchen. Do you have a fancy kitchen and still eat fast food due to pressing time issues? How many of you stay at home moms use the kitchen? How long has it been since you touched that oven or freezer?

I was just wonderin' Thy shalt speak the truth
We use our kitchen everyday (cooking or cleaning). I'm usually the primary cook, but hubby has taken over those duties until I'm back on my feet. It's not really the center of my house, though it comes close. My husband and I eat dinner together, but usually it every person for themselves for lunch.

I don't have kids or a fancy kitchen. I don't need a fancy kitchen to cook in, although one of those new french door fridges with the freezer on the bottom would be nice.

I'm usually home at 930pm and hubby gets home around 11pm so I have plenty of time to cook dinner and have it ready for him when he walks in the door. I also pack our lunches in the morning, since it's too expensive to eat out.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:48 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,955,448 times
I use my kitchen, just ask my co-workers, I love to bake and use my friends and co-workers as taste test dummies.

Though I'm in an apartment right now, with an okay size kitchen, I cook everyday. On Sunday's, I ususually make lunch for the week...or 4 days worth, I splurge and eat out on Friday. WHile I'm making lunches, I'm ususually cooking Sunday and MOnday night dinners....leftovers,. I have a small refrigerator, unfortunately, so I'm limited in storage space, but ususually have baked spaghetti made up and in the freezer for 'those days" when I forget to pull something out. I make quick pasta dishes, pasta, chicken grilled on the George Foreman, (I have dinner with George a couple of times a week), fresh parmasan and maybe some baby green peas. I can throw together dinner in 15-20 minutes and since its just me, plan on leftovers for the next night or maybe skip a night.

My dream house has a HUGE kitchen, with room for a freestanding freezer. I love to make homemade soup in the winter and freeze for later....actually there are bowls of frozen soup in my freezer right now, homemade chicken noodle and minestrone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House