Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 04:19 PM

12,982 posts, read 9,501,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
OK, I know it's notmy cul-de-sac, but my house is on it, and people really have no reason to keep driving in and circling around it unless they live here or are visiting, or picking someone up/dropping them off. It's like we're being stalked. Today, this happened over ten times, although it looks like it was the same car on a couple of these drive-bys. They mostly just drive in, circle around, and drive out without stopping.

Why would they be doing this? It's not like any of these houses are for sale, and prospective buyers would be driving by to check out the neighborhood. Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

In case it matters, this is in Oregon and we live in a manufacture home community. We own the house free and clear, but have to pay rent for the space.
Most likely they're just driving around looking at houses - or that's the way it used to be. Nowadays, they could be scoping out for easy burglary targets.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:42 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
But they usually don't stop anywhere. When they do stop, they just pause idling their car for no apparent reason. Now, I've done that myself occasion when I needed to type something into Google Maps or something, but I wouldn't do that in a cul-de-sac where there's no place to pull over on account of all the driveways.

Well, since you're determined to shoot down every one of the 50 possible reasons that have been suggested, what is YOUR theory?

Old 09-12-2021, 06:06 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
Cant be certain, however I don’t believe many drug dealers deliver their products

that's so not true. Marajuana is legal in California, and yes they do deliver if you order off their website.

Old 09-12-2021, 08:56 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Have you asked the local FBI office?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House