Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 05:37 PM

6,308 posts, read 4,762,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
A sprinkler valve attached to our home failed. It is literally on the exterior brick wall where the sprinkler pipes exit the home. (Cold weather area). When the sprinklers turned on in the middle of the night, water gushed for hours. State Farm says they do not cover water on the outside of the home entering the inside of the home.
Somebody at State Farm is BSing you if that's what you were told. Who was it that told you that? A claim rep, your agent? Was it in writing quoting the policy terms?

The only exclusion that might apply is the freezing exclusion. It would not be covered if the valve froze and broke while you were away from home and failed to maintain heat or failed to shut off the water.

I don't see any other limitation that would cause the claim to be denied.

I am a retired property claims adjuster and I have a sample copy of a State Farm homeowners form FP-7955 that I am reading from.

I suggest you read your policy carefully and thoroughly and demand that they put the declination in writing, then go to https://insurance-forums.com/communi...ance-forum.32/ (where I also participate) and post your details for further help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 06:44 PM

9,545 posts, read 7,002,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Somebody at State Farm is BSing you if that's what you were told. Who was it that told you that? A claim rep, your agent? Was it in writing quoting the policy terms?

The only exclusion that might apply is the freezing exclusion. It would not be covered if the valve froze and broke while you were away from home and failed to maintain heat or failed to shut off the water.

I don't see any other limitation that would cause the claim to be denied.

I am a retired property claims adjuster and I have a sample copy of a State Farm homeowners form FP-7955 that I am reading from.

I suggest you read your policy carefully and thoroughly and demand that they put the declination in writing, then go to https://insurance-forums.com/communi...ance-forum.32/ (where I also participate) and post your details for further help.

Thank you.

It was the adjuster who told us that.

I have heard from many people that we should fight it, and we are.

It happened in August so no it wasn’t due to freezing weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House