Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 09:24 PM

17,469 posts, read 65,973,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
If I have the option to return I will always choose return over manufacturer service call. The latter has the potential to turn into an extended fiasco with you ultimately holding the short straw. What if the service tech says it's a part that was damaged by the installer therefore it's not covered under warranty? What if the part is on "back order" indefinitely?

Seriously!!!?
We’re talking about a side burner on a gas grill! Do have any idea how many parts constitute a “working” side burner? No, you clearly don’t!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 05:47 AM

6,818 posts, read 9,046,612 times
It all depends on return times. We don't have to return the grill until January 1st. If it was a 30 day return, I would send it back now.

Old 11-05-2021, 07:44 AM

15,385 posts, read 7,449,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
You don't need a Weber to make good BBQ, you just need a good cast iron grill and a thermometer to watch the temps. Surprise you do briskets with the gas as the charcoal makes the best brisket. As long as you can control the temps and time it you can do charcoal and no need to watch it as much if you know your temps and check on the fire. Good brisket done in 4-6 hrs if you can keep it properly placed on the grill.

The gas grill is mainly for steaks, burgers, and seafood.
I generally cook a brisket for 8 hours on the gas grill, with the temperature staying between 275 and 300 degrees, depending on the weather. I have a tube that I fill with wood pellets and lite with a torch to provide smoke, since the grill temperature isn't high enough to reliably make damp wood chips smoke. I did a couple of briskets on my Weber charcoal grill, and it was more effort for a result that wasn't any better. On the gas grill I go out every hour or so and look at the temperature gauge for the grill, and check the internal temperature of the meat after 5 or so hours, when I wrap it in foil.

Old 11-05-2021, 10:55 AM

13,696 posts, read 12,403,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
A Honda mower is the same no matter who you buy it from.
In that it comes from the same truck that unloads them before moving down to the small engine dealership, yes it is.

But the guy that assembles it isn't.

My John Deere mower is the same as the one that I can get at Lowes/HD. I don't want to get it there because I don't want them assembling it.

It isn't rocket science, but I'd rather have an outfit that depends on mower sales and service put it together. HD/Lowes will only ever sell to end-user consumers, one mower at a time. The guy that has a dealership might sell $50K worth of mowers to a client and have a dozen honda push mowers in that with several Scags or ExMarks, and he has a reputation and level of professionalism required to stay in business that HD doesn't.

Old 11-05-2021, 03:44 PM

2,336 posts, read 2,560,026 times
Buy the grill from whoever has the best price. Put it together yourself. We're not talking rocket science here.

Old 11-05-2021, 04:13 PM

6,818 posts, read 9,046,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonahWicky View Post
Buy the grill from whoever has the best price. Put it together yourself. We're not talking rocket science here.
I have put grills together but I reached a point where I just didn't feel like doing it anymore. Let someone else do it.

Old 11-05-2021, 04:14 PM

6,756 posts, read 9,322,761 times
Partner seems high maintenance. The grill isn’t very complicated to begin with and should be fix-able under warranty, even though it’s a little bit of a hassle and disappointment that it’s not working properly now.

Old 11-05-2021, 05:17 PM

30,381 posts, read 21,196,630 times
Many of these grills are just cheap thrills jill. Nothing like the Weber we had in the 1970's.

Old 11-05-2021, 07:26 PM

3,128 posts, read 2,251,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Bought a Weber grill from Lowes. Side burner doesn't work. Weber says they will fix. I'm willing but partner feels like we're getting defective merchandise and wants to get rid of it. Not sure what we'll buy instead. Yes I know this sounds kind of silly.

Has anyone had this experience of either bad assembly or defect from Lowes with a propane grill? We have checked the wires they look good.

Our 30 days is almost up and I want to return it while/if I can.

Is Home Depot any better at this, delivering with no defects?

I let Lowes put together because I didn't want to. I still don't want to do it myself.
I’ve had my Weber for over ten years and they have been responsive to any issues I’ve had, including replacement parts

Old 11-05-2021, 10:14 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,366,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
There oughta be a law against using propane for cookin’
So natural gas? Electric? There is a law against using wood or charcoal grills in some places, including places in CA, due to fire risk or smoke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House