Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 01:14 PM

1,085 posts, read 691,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
Q was nothing to do with renting or HOA , neither of those apply ,that should have made it easier to Figure out the question , I think I’m on the wrong forum to ask such a complicated question ..sorry.
When you say "apartment" 99% assume a rental, which makes a dramatic difference in options available. The question was not complicated, the solution you're looking for absolutely is the most convoluted way to solve a 5 cent problem, but here you go:

https://www.grainger.com/product/6MJ...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm not 100% sure that it's approved for use under carpet/padding and the fire risk to me would be a dealbreaker, but someone that can't figure out how to put on slippers to warm their feet probably doesn't care about that.

All carpeting will need to be removed and reinstalled and the doors will also need to be removed, shaved down and reinstalled.

so, $13/sqft or $25/yr for slippers. Let your "friend" figure it out.

Here's another one - google is amazing. https://www.warmup.com/underfloor-he...verings/carpet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2021, 01:14 PM

17,472 posts, read 65,994,520 times
Quote:
I think I’m on the wrong forum to ask such a complicated question ..sorry.

No; its not the "wrong forum". And it's not a "complicated question". It's a lack of pertinent information so people can make an intelligent and relative response.

The mere fact that you discount answers says you're not open to answers regardless of what you think is valid and/or pertinent. If you feel you can get better answers at a different forum- asking the exact same question- by-all-means travel to that forum.

Old 11-18-2021, 02:28 PM

2,106 posts, read 977,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
No; its not the "wrong forum". And it's not a "complicated question". It's a lack of pertinent information so people can make an intelligent and relative response.

The mere fact that you discount answers says you're not open to answers regardless of what you think is valid and/or pertinent. If you feel you can get better answers at a different forum- asking the exact same question- by-all-means travel to that forum.
Yes, I should have googled first , it came up with 3-4 good suggestions , non were slippers

Old 11-18-2021, 02:39 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
Quote:
Yes, my fault for asking such a complicate question, sorry !
Well what do you think she's going to do when she's renting and it's not her property? Maybe install a heated sub floor ?

Old 11-18-2021, 05:54 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,322,561 times
Have you looked into heated rug pads. They go under an area rug of your choice. They are kind of $$$$ and you need to add in the cost of the rug. Not sure how this compares to a heated floor. But you can take them with you if you move.

Heres one site.

https://cozywinters.com/shop/rug-hea...gular%20Margin

Old 11-18-2021, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Well what do you think she's going to do when she's renting and it's not her property? Maybe install a heated sub floor ?
Renting, Who said anything about renting ?

Old 11-18-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Have you looked into heated rug pads. They go under an area rug of your choice. They are kind of $$$$ and you need to add in the cost of the rug. Not sure how this compares to a heated floor. But you can take them with you if you move.

Heres one site.

https://cozywinters.com/shop/rug-hea...gular%20Margin
Thank you , saw too .

Old 11-18-2021, 06:26 PM

3,246 posts, read 1,737,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Oh, I see, this was a trivia contest! What do they win?

It is an option, but is it a viable option??

It's a contest? HEY ! Whatted I win ?

Old 11-19-2021, 04:30 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,002,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
It's a contest? HEY ! Whatted I win ?
Lolol You win heated slippers!

Old 11-19-2021, 04:37 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,002,258 times
Quote:
Renting, Who said anything about renting ?
Quote:
Q was nothing to do with renting or HOA , neither of those apply ,that should have made it easier to Figure out the question , I think I’m on the wrong forum to ask such a complicated question ..sorry.
So they own an apartment that isn’t governed by some sort of HOA or management company? I find that very hard to believe unless they own the building and maintain the building and units themselves.

Question has everything to do with renting or owning… which is why it was brought up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House