Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 08:51 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times

Advertisements

Don't put secret documents into the toilet. 20# 89bright copy paper does not breakup in the flush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 10:55 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,508,849 times
^thats a joke. not intended to be political. Common sense should alert adults not to put hygienic stuff down the throne or any other stuff. Now days, it's the homeless, druggies and mentals who intentionally plug up toilets or destroy them.

What did OP find solved his problem?
My mother's sewage drain pipe was clogged from roots, that needed to be routered out every year, and eventually we spent $10,000 to burst the asphalt-cement pipe, and thread in a plastic line. We also had to bust up 10 feet of the basement to access the pipe and get an easement from the neighbor because the pipe ran downhill thru the length of his property to main. This was in ~2010. A 55 year old build.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:11 PM

10,305 posts, read 6,837,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertFisher View Post
I saw informercial for these toilet clog cannon, where you stick the curved "mouth" of the unit into the toilet hole and it fires off a strong beam of water (or air?) to force the clog thru the channel.

Does this work well? I imagine for something softer it's OK (informercial uses a piece of cloth). But if it were something hard, like a Thomas train toy, could this be disastrous?
Hold on a minute, OP!
We're 67 posts into this (I know, it's 73), and you spring a "Thomas train toy" as a potential culprit? You may have bit off, more that you can chew with this, now.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:38 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
^thats a joke. not intended to be political. Common sense should alert adults not to put hygienic stuff down the throne or any other stuff. Now days, it's the homeless, druggies and mentals who intentionally plug up toilets or destroy them.

What did OP find solved his problem?
My mother's sewage drain pipe was clogged from roots, that needed to be routered out every year, and eventually we spent $10,000 to burst the asphalt-cement pipe, and thread in a plastic line. We also had to bust up 10 feet of the basement to access the pipe and get an easement from the neighbor because the pipe ran downhill thru the length of his property to main. This was in ~2010. A 55 year old build.
Someone we knew returned from a river camping trip and thought it would be good to empty the “boom box” down his toilet, apparently in one big dumping.

Big bill for a major clog that required clearing AND damage repairs!

Old 03-05-2022, 12:47 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,524,481 times
Well now it's taking a different turn.
Try that super plunger cause it's cheap.
Very little chance, but why not.
Now with this new twist I guess you should get prepared for a large bill. No bleach would help I believe. Concentrated sulfuric acid could help if you only have secret documents in the toilet, but not big chunk of plastic...

Old 03-05-2022, 03:01 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Someone we knew returned from a river camping trip and thought it would be good to empty the “boom box” down his toilet, apparently in one big dumping.

Big bill for a major clog that required clearing AND damage repairs!
If it was anything like the boom boxes (we called them rocket boxes or the Groover because they were modified ammo boxes with a DIY seat) I've faced off with at the end of a river trip (ours tended to be over a week long) there's no way I would set foot inside my house with one long enough to reach the bathroom. We had the closest dump station to our take outs marked on a map in red block letters and headed straight to it!

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-05-2022 at 03:30 PM..

Old 03-05-2022, 09:12 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
If it was anything like the boom boxes (we called them rocket boxes or the Groover because they were modified ammo boxes with a DIY seat) I've faced off with at the end of a river trip (ours tended to be over a week long) there's no way I would set foot inside my house with one long enough to reach the bathroom. We had the closest dump station to our take outs marked on a map in red block letters and headed straight to it!
I don’t know if his was the rocket box type or the DIY pipe type that can be made in different sizes. I have one of the latter, but the way I used it was to put my Wag Bags, sealed up, inside it and then discard those intact at the dumpsters where it was allowed. In other words, I just stored them in the poop pipe during the trip. Two layers of barrier are better than one, belt and suspenders.

Later on, to save money, I made my own wag bag knockoffs. There was a Montana company that sold the powder in bulk quantities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House