Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 02:19 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,525,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
“Good fences make good neighbors”

I’m pretty sure every state has “leach laws”- that should take of the dog.
That only works if the dog is a leach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 03:27 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,045,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Ha, what relationship? They think you're a tool. Don't be a doormat.

Old 02-25-2022, 09:02 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,070,314 times
OP mentioned privacy fencing. If he lives in a development with a condominium association (shared ownership) then this outdoor area might not be considered "his" property. If it's part of the common property--such as the strip of grass that separates one row of houses from another row--then it's not "his" property. I empathize, because I had to put up a fence to enclose the back of my property between the 2 privacy fences in order to prevent dogs and kids from wandering into the back of my house. No, the HOA will NOT cover this. They only replace the privacy fencing when it deteriorates, they aren't responsible for any additional fencing to enclose the property in the back. I had one kid repeatedly kicking a soccer ball against my sliding glass door! It's not pleasant dealing with people's dogs and kids. If I ever move, I hope to find a development which doesn't allow kids or dogs.

Old 02-25-2022, 09:47 AM

8,053 posts, read 12,774,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Turn on the sprinkler system when they are on your yard.
Set the sprinkler up on a motion detector switch.

Old 02-25-2022, 10:07 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,697,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Set the sprinkler up on a motion detector switch.
I saw this done to deter dogs. The street had signs with signs asking people to pick up their dogs’ poop.

Obviously, too many people ignored the signs.

Bring out the big guns! So to speak.

Old 02-25-2022, 11:08 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
The only solution for this is a fence. Although, kids do eventually get older and move out.

Sadly, some move back in after they become obnoxious adults. And if they were raised with no respect for the neighbors' property, they are far worse once they hit their 20s.

Took me twice to ask that the noise stop, then the third time I called the cops. The mother of the adult child was mad a me, not him lol.

I'm saving for a fence.

Old 02-25-2022, 11:09 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,573,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet bubby View Post
I'll never understand why people flock to threads like this to tell these kinds of stories. It's great that you "don't mind kids playing around" but the OP obviously does, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I enjoy being a good neighbor too, which to me includes not trespassing on other people's property. Too bad parenting seems to be a dead concept for the most part, and kids are now taught that "your land is my land". Went through this for years. Nothing works with these clueless, entitled families other than fence or other physical barrier

Old 02-25-2022, 03:14 PM

3,920 posts, read 6,835,417 times
My neighbor growing up took super good care of his grass. One day my friends and I decided to setup a ramp along the ditch in the front of our house so we can jump it with our bikes. We inadvertently rode into my neighbors yard a bunch of times from the landing.

My neighbor must have called my mom or she knew it would be an issue, I'm not sure which. But when she got home she yelled at us for riding in his yard and forced us over to apologize. It was all extremely cordial.

We said we were sorry and we would never do it again. Our neighbor thanked us for our apology and wished us a good day.

We never rode in his yard again and we were wonderful neighbors to each other for the next 7+ years. THAT'S good parenting by my mom and also good neighborly behavior by my neighbor.

Why do people need to overcomplicate things?

Now that I own, my neighbors kids do play in my yard all the time. I don't really care because they are all under 6 with the youngest being only 3. I enjoy watching the kids have fun so it's not a big deal to me however I would not let my kids get away with it unless I knew it was okay with the owner.

Old 02-25-2022, 07:03 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
“Good fences make good neighbors”

I’m pretty sure every state has “leach laws”- that should take of the dog.
LOL. A leach law??

Old 02-25-2022, 08:52 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,697,825 times
Leaching pollutants into the soil?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House