Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 11:04 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenoid View Post
Can I get that cookie recipe??? Where did she get the magical ingredients ???

was it arsenic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 03:57 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Play some really loud Donnie and Marie Osmond music to counter theirs.
How about "It's small world" on a loop just like Walt Disney World.

Old 08-25-2012, 04:17 AM

2 posts, read 3,731 times
Default That's crazy.

DON"T buy them alcohol ! Loud, inconsiderate music often means the fools are probably already drunk, or well on their way! I would send the note being as polite and direct as you can manage. I would go as far as to site any city bi-laws that they are violating in the note that I'd discovered through research, as well inform that I would readily report them if the noise doesn't cease. By siting laws and bi-laws, you sound like you are in the know and mean business. Follow through with calls or letters to the police or city should they continue being inconsiderate pests!

Old 08-25-2012, 07:59 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,445,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
How about "It's small world" on a loop just like Walt Disney World.
"I-877-Cars-for-Kidz' on a CD on auto-repeat would also probably do the trick.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:20 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,445,173 times
When my neighbors put in a behemoth swimming pool (you could live in their poolhouse), and they put the poohouse within the legal lot line limit, with one massive filtering system behind it (to block the noise for them, but not for me. Granted my house was 150-200 feet away, but the system made a fairly loud noise, running almost constantly.
Simple solution. Went to the state site to find dB (weighted) sound level restrictions at the property line, went and bought a cheap recording sound meter (in retrospect should have just borrowed one from work, as they needed to test for OSHA requirements occasionally). Recorded the sound at the lot line with amplitude measurements (it is day/date timestamped), and sent it off to the town. After a few more times, The town stepped in and gave them three options: 1). Don't run the pump, 2). Build a sound-insulating enclosure for it, of 3). Move it.
Worked like a charm.
So even if your neighbors aren't whooping it up when the police show up, you can have a documented paper trail that they are doing it. I know it is a lot of hassle, but it is for your own peace and quiet.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:58 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler2012 View Post
I live in a tiny tiny town where homeowners associations don't exist. We do have a noise ordinance though, but the cops obviously think it would be silly to ticket someone for their extremely loud thumping bass driving up and down the street or playing it from their residence. It's pretty much a losing situation all the way. You can hear the bass from several blocks away and if it's at night and they drive anywhere near you and wake you up, there's no way you can identify them and if you call the cops, it will always result in "unable to locate". The main problem is enforcement. People need to make a lot more noise, meaning you need to raise hell with city officials in getting noise ordiances enforced. No one has the right to tell you or me when we can go to sleep or when we need to wake up and that's exactly what these noise thugs with their earthquakes on wheels are doing.

I hate this form of BOOM noise pollution more than ANYTHING. I hope they make it legal to fire upon anyone blasting that VILE C**P!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House