Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 02:09 PM

613 posts, read 1,017,689 times

Advertisements

England has or had terlits like that, too. Gross. And some of their public restrooms had, for terlit tissue, small, thin wax paper-like sheets. Everything else was fabulous, of course, except the food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2022, 04:08 PM

4,542 posts, read 2,674,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
There is an older style of German toilet that was designed with a shelf, specifically so that people could examine their stool after going to the bathroom. I encountered many of these toilets during visits to Germany. One place I lived had one. You get used to it. Someone I knew had ulcerative colitis and he was grateful for the toilet design. Of course, one would defeat the purpose if they were to close the lid (if there was one) before flushing.

See the diagram on the right, below:
This reminds me of a camping story (heard third hand):

Apparently one guy on a camping trip would go do his business and then he always inspected it carefully before burying it. Well, one time he was backed up to some bushes, so one of the other guys carefully slid a wide board under his butt while he was doing his business, and as soon as he was finished pulled it out away from view. When the "doer" hiked up his pants and turned around to inspect the evidence - Gone! He jumped four feet, yanked his pants down - is it in there? What the heck happened to it? Oy!

Ah yes, the fun one can get up to in the woods with beer.

Old 07-14-2022, 05:47 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Ah yes, the fun one can get up to in the woods with beer.
Oy. I think you should change that to "the fun MEN can get up to in the woods with beer." They never do outgrow the potty humor, do they?

Pretty clever, though. I'll give them that.

Old 07-14-2022, 06:45 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Oy. I think you should change that to "the fun MEN can get up to in the woods with beer." They never do outgrow the potty humor, do they?

Pretty clever, though. I'll give them that.
I've known a few people who theorize if you really want to catch a photo-worthy glimpse of a bear while vacationing in AK, just stroll into the bushes and drop your pants...somehow, any bear in the vicinity will know and show up at that exact moment. I've tested that theory myself. It works, dang it!

Old 07-23-2022, 11:43 AM

613 posts, read 1,017,689 times
WHERE is the terlit?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/memb...ereterlit.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House