Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2022, 05:54 AM

6,432 posts, read 3,137,370 times

Advertisements

That's a Craftsman mower. Have you tried plugging the model number into a Sears website? I'm not positive about the present time, but in the past, Sears had a pretty extensive parts/service network.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2022, 07:53 AM

5,114 posts, read 6,090,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
load it up on your utility trailer (you've got one right?) and take it to an independent lawn equipment shop..

I just bought a new battery powered self propelled push mower..damn, what an improvement over the old gas models..they make battery powered riding mowers now too..got it a Lowes..Ego brand..my old Lawnboy is now in lawnmower heaven..thank God..lol..

Lawnboy? Was it one of the old two stroke models? Some of the best mowers ever made. last time I looked there is an active market for them when you can find them. Mine is approaching 4o years old and still starts easily. Just use it for trimming and amongst some trees I have now but it never fails me.

Old 09-05-2022, 09:34 AM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
That's a Craftsman mower.
Clarifying the obvious???

Old 09-05-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Clarifying the obvious???
Yup..................some people need the help.

Old 09-05-2022, 02:23 PM

17,614 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
That's a Craftsman mower. Have you tried plugging the model number into a Sears website? I'm not positive about the present time, but in the past, Sears had a pretty extensive parts/service network.
Yes, first place I went. Went to Brigs & Stratton when I found the engine model number. My mistake was to order the parts from the replacement parts label on the riding mower without double checking the actual parts on the engine.

Old 09-05-2022, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Yes, first place I went. Went to Brigs & Stratton when I found the engine model number. My mistake was to order the parts from the replacement parts label on the riding mower without double checking the actual parts on the engine.

Old 09-05-2022, 03:57 PM

16,077 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
load it up on your utility trailer (you've got one right?) and take it to an independent lawn equipment shop..
You might be better taking it to the river. There was always some issue. I finally got sick of the problems with mine and it sat in the corner of the garage for a few years until I unloaded it. I bought a self-propelled walk behind mower and was happier.

Old 09-05-2022, 05:57 PM

17,614 posts, read 17,656,125 times
Had a little hiccup in servicing the mower. Blade bolt head is 15/16”. Have that socket in a 1/2” drive. Got new blade installed. Took out the torque wrench and it’s 3/4” drive. Trip to hardware store with fingers crossed. Was able to find an adaptor without buying an entire socket set. Also got the correct fuel and air filter. Passed a little grease on the steering gear and arm. Only thing left is the fuel filter and oil. Will try to cut yard tomorrow before any rain hits. Will keep cutting until it runs out of gas. Will change the oil then. Will allow the engine to cool fully before removing the fuel filter. We have a week of scattered thunderstorms predicted.

Old 09-05-2022, 07:11 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,827,619 times
For hand tools, Harbor Freight isn't a bad choice, now. They've really upped their game, in the hand tool dept.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:09 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times
Anything that is sold through Lowes is built to a price point. Might have a major brand on the side, but they grab whatever parts they can...and it changes even within the same model....in order to keep the manufacturing price down. Hence, you get lower prices at Lowes, etc., but you also get a mishmash or parts that may or may not be what is actually in the manual.

I have a John Deere lawn tractor. It is NOTHING like anything in the John Deere line which is sold at Lowes. Pays to deal with your local provider (mom and pop) even though you will pay more, you more than likely will get the real thing. And have a source for parts and service when needed. When you go back to Lowes, they just shrug....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House