Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2022, 11:22 PM

2,619 posts, read 3,149,268 times

Advertisements

Moderators, feel free to move this if there is a better page for it.

If any property/casualty adjustors are here, this is a situation needing your opinion/experience.

A tree fell on our shed late Sunday night/early Monday morning. I called our insurance company to start a claim. Service rep told me to first get the tree removed, then they would send an adjustor. i couldn't get a guy out until Wednesday. I called Wednesday afternoon that it was ready. Had to settle for a Friday appointment, so I knew what would happen. Sure enough, adjustor called Friday morning that will all the stuff happening, he couldn't come until Monday. I suspect he will call Monday and say the major storm hits will be priority for a while. I can see that; my shed is not our shelter and people with housing damage need quick service.

My irritation is that an adjustor could easily see the damage while the tree was still on it and could glance inside to see inner damage. I tried to tell this to the service rep and got nowhere. I called the local office and was told this was standard policy. But the adjustor would be at no risk in any way and the damage was clearly visible. They could have gotten my claim moving before Ian hit IMHO.

Adjustors out there, what say you? Thanks for any feedback.

Mod note: Thread moved from Other Topics to House.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-01-2022 at 02:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House