Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 08:31 PM

17,611 posts, read 22,533,115 times

Advertisements

Perhaps, a Shuffleboard Table, if they enjoy playing, or another game they would enjoy.

Or an automatic cork remover...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2022, 10:57 PM

17,674 posts, read 29,584,857 times
Stripper pole.
Rose gold faucet for the bathroom.
Wine glasses https://www.amazon.com/Josephine-Whi...dp/B08LVWBFK9/

Old 10-06-2022, 11:36 PM

3,499 posts, read 1,708,731 times
Handy Candy Dispenser with three sections for candy, nuts, etc, $30 in WalMart. After all, who would want to put their hands in a shared candy dish with covid and monkeypox going around? A very sanitary and useful gift for the bar area.

Old 10-07-2022, 03:22 AM

5,457 posts, read 3,337,860 times
Fine crystal snifters (6). I can picture the homeowners relaxing in their new basement sipping cognac in easy chairs next to the fireplace and chatting.

Old 10-07-2022, 06:07 AM

17,479 posts, read 17,325,651 times
For a first visit just bring yourselves. See what is in the basement first. They may have everything you could have thought of as a gift. If they spent that much money then they may have done a detailed research in what they wanted for the basement. If you visit and see things missing that could be a nice addition then that would be a nice gift. Popcorn maker, fancy dart board, favorite sports team drink glasses, or vintage style beer light like over a bar.

Old 10-07-2022, 10:35 AM

663 posts, read 428,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
LOL at some of these responses.

So, they have it set up in one section as a movie theatre (with popcorn maker) and they had a 15ft bar installed so they have the liquor. This is why I need ideas!!!! UGH. I don't think flowers will work lol

How about theater style boxes of candy? Give them a selection to add to their refreshment counter. (Walmart 1.24 so you can give them a good supply.

Old 10-07-2022, 11:07 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,178,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Not envious at all. DH and I retired in our mid-fifties (twenty+ years ago) and have travelled the world several times.

IMHO, gathering new experiences whilst travelling beats sitting in a basement drinking booze and watching movies. Plenty of time for that when I get old!
Who says they don't travel just because they finished their basement?

Old 10-07-2022, 11:13 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,178,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
For a first visit just bring yourselves. See what is in the basement first. They may have everything you could have thought of as a gift. If they spent that much money then they may have done a detailed research in what they wanted for the basement. If you visit and see things missing that could be a nice addition then that would be a nice gift. Popcorn maker, fancy dart board, favorite sports team drink glasses, or vintage style beer light like over a bar.
Great ideas along with all the others. So, they had a custom basement in their old house that they sold last year so they moved all those things to the new house. They've got the movie theatre room with all the necessities including old movie posters. They have the built bar with the liquor shelves, wine cooler, beer fridge and kegs. He is a huge Bronco's fan so he's got all the memorabilia that would be a in a sports bar setting. Then they've got the game section with the pool table, dart board, table games.

This is why I'm having such a hard time getting them something! I was thinking of getting a custom sign made with their last name and something to the extent of JoeBlow's den, etc. UGH I don't know

Old 10-07-2022, 01:39 PM

1,462 posts, read 957,985 times
Since they have a wine fridge, I would suggest getting them the Coravin wine system. If they like some nicer wines but don't want to drink the whole bottle this is a great option. I have had one for 3-4 years and it's great when I just want a glass of a nice wine after a long day. Or you can always help stock their bar shelves with a bottle of something they like to drink but don't have on their shelf.

Old 10-07-2022, 06:33 PM

20,245 posts, read 36,928,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
A 2000 square foot basement?

A really, really, really big dehumidifier.
No dehumidifier is needed if the house has an HRV unit (air exchanger). I imagine that such an expensive basement would include ventilation. VictimoGM has some good ideas, but what I would do since I am loaded with money-is it to figure what present to buy depending on what the receiver wants, not just depending on what I want to give. Every person has a difference sense of decoration.

Last edited by RayinAK; 10-07-2022 at 06:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House