Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2023, 10:32 AM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times

Advertisements

I would like to get a friend of mine, who is always complaining of lugging her laundry up two flights of stairs, something to make things easier for her.
I have seen various bags and carts on Amazon, but none seem to be easy to handle. She goes to the laundromat once every two weeks, so she has alot to carry. Any ideas?

Last edited by elnina; 01-18-2023 at 03:03 AM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2023, 11:18 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
a friend of mine ... She goes to the laundromat once every two weeks, so she has a lot to carry.
... always complaining of lugging her laundry up two flights of stairs
... something to make things easier for her. Any ideas?
Bags dropped off the balcony or out of a window?

Next up is finding/hiring someone nearby who is available for 10 minutes help here and there.
Your friend likely has twenty other small tasks that a bit of help would also make easier.

Old 01-16-2023, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Bags dropped off the balcony or out of a window?

Next up is finding/hiring someone nearby who is available for 10 minutes help here and there.
Your friend likely has twenty other small tasks that a bit of help would also make easier.
I don`t think dropping heavy bags off a balcony, is a very safe thing to do.

Old 01-16-2023, 11:35 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
https://www.amazon.com/dbest-product...06Y6J8WMG?th=1

Watch the video.

Old 01-16-2023, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Reviews say it is small, but I like the wheels, which seem to do steps well. Wondering if there is such a thing as a hand truck, with those type of wheels, that you can stack two or three laundry bags on.

Old 01-16-2023, 12:26 PM

Just found some hand trucks on Amazon

Old 01-16-2023, 12:27 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Reviews say it is small, but I like the wheels, which seem to do steps well. Wondering if there is such a thing as a hand truck, with those type of wheels, that you can stack two or three laundry bags on.
https://www.vevor.com/stair-climbing...b9b4995f7061.2

Old 01-16-2023, 01:52 PM

Thanks Suzy, Very similiar to the ones on Amazon. I will show them to my friend.

Old 01-16-2023, 10:37 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times
Quote:
I don`t think dropping heavy bags off a balcony, is a very safe thing to do.
It would be courteous to look below first to be sure nobody is sitting or walking below.

Old 01-17-2023, 04:20 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
I would like to get a friend of mine, who is always complaining of lugging her laundry up two flights of stairs, something to make things easier for her.
I have seen various bags and carts on Amazon, but none seem to be easy to handle. She goes to the laundromat once every two weeks, so she has alot to carry. Any ideas?

What is she currently using to bring in her laundry? Is she elderly or disabled?

I do my daughter and grandson's laundry. Sometimes she uses a round basket, others it's the large rectangle basket, or it could be trash bags. Walmart sells a medium sized trash bag which is what I favor when bringing her laundry up two flights of steps because I can put the draw string on my shoulders like a purse. Some days she gives me three medium trash bags, one with bedding, another with her laundry and one for my grandson which could get heavy. I have a bad back, but am usually able to carry them up. Some days I'll leave some in the car, then go back out when my back recovers, some days I'll carry them up the first flight of steps, ice my back, then bring it up the last 16 steps to the laundry area.

I have some Xfinity reusable bags that are big that my son got me either from work or the Xfinity store, those have a good sized handle that I can also put on my shoulder when carrying groceries up 16 steps. I've used them for laundry too. This is the bag on twitter but mine is purple which matches his work van and shirts. I don't know if the Xfinity store sells them. It's one of my favorite reusable bags.

I've also used large Victoria's Secret tote bags when my dryer was broken, lugged bagged wet clothes to the laundry mat. I have two that are the type you'd take to the beach that easily fit a few jeans, towels plus other laundry.

Quote:

That stair climber is pretty neat, too bad the reviews aren't that great, some say small, the bag gets floppy after a few uses, some had issues getting it down the steps. It is pretty pricey at $107, one model is $114.

I'd also suggest a few bungie cords which may be a good idea to strap things to it or a hand truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House