Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2023, 10:01 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,341,971 times

Advertisements

Many years ago I bought a set of bedsheets at Tuesday Morning. Their inventory is inconsistent, so never saw them there again, and the sheets don’t have any identifying tags on them. I just love those sheets and can’t find anything I like as well. So, looking for recommendations. Presently I have a couple of sets of Kirkland premium sheets and they are ok….

But I really would like to find sheets like my favorites with these qualities:

Thick sheet
Cotton - not very soft, more crisp, they feel smooth and cool
Heavy for a sheet

Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2023, 10:27 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,995,345 times
Good sheets are difficult to come up with, It seems that the quality of just about everything in this world has gone down.

In my quest for sheets, I discovered, quite by accident, that I greatly prefer the sheets with a lower thread count. So, at the very least, take a look at those. I have discovered that I prefer the percale bedsheets. They seem to be the closest to what I grew up with.

Old 02-01-2023, 11:57 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,564,191 times
I like percale too. They are crisp. I bought a couple of queen sheet sets of cotton percale about 10 years ago from Walmart, so you know they are cheapos, but they are still nice, and still crisp.

Note: I do not use a clothes dryer. This may have something to do with their longevity.

Old 02-01-2023, 01:18 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Good sheets are difficult to come up with, It seems that the quality of just about everything in this world has gone down.

In my quest for sheets, I discovered, quite by accident, that I greatly prefer the sheets with a lower thread count. So, at the very least, take a look at those. I have discovered that I prefer the percale bedsheets. They seem to be the closest to what I grew up with.
Actually there are tons of high quality sheets available now. Even Homegoods and TJ Max have some excellent ones most of the time.

I don't like the lower thread count, I much prefer 300 and above, and 100% cotton.

Old 02-01-2023, 01:20 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
I like percale too. They are crisp. I bought a couple of queen sheet sets of cotton percale about 10 years ago from Walmart, so you know they are cheapos, but they are still nice, and still crisp.

Note: I do not use a clothes dryer. This may have something to do with their longevity.
I do use a clothes dryer, and that has had zero effect on my sheets. I just got rid of some that are well over 10 years old, just because I was tired of them and wanted a new color.

Old 02-01-2023, 02:35 PM

17,473 posts, read 66,019,193 times
"Recommend please: Thick, heavy cotton bedsheets"

Sounds like flannel to me!

Old 02-01-2023, 03:17 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,338,753 times
I think I had/have the same sheets from Tuesday Morning. They are quite thick. Unfortunately the store near me closed down during the pandemic.

I've tried all kinds of sheets over the last few years. After a couple of years the fitted sheet always seems to rip apart for some reason. I was focused on Egyptian cotton for a long time. I gave up on that.

We're pretty happy with the Charter Club Solid 550 thread count Supima cotton sheets from Macy's. They are not as thick as the set I bought at Tuesday Morning, but are adequate for us. They also stay cool, too cool for me in Midwestern winters. The Macy's sheets are pricey compared to the ones from Tuesday Morning. Watch for a sale.

I recently purchased a new set of flannel sheets from Amazon because the other sheets are too cool for me during the winter.

We always have sheet problems because our mattress and mattress topper are over 20 inches deep.

Old 02-01-2023, 03:36 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,564,191 times
Have a look at Avocado's organic choices. Some cotton products, linen, hemp. I've never used the sheets and didn't like the pillows. But I have an Avocado mattress, 6 years old now, and I absolutely love it.

Old 02-01-2023, 03:55 PM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
"Recommend please: Thick, heavy cotton bedsheets"

Sounds like flannel to me!
No, I've had thick heavy cotton sheets that were nothing like flannel. They were a thick smooth heavy cotton linen. They had weight to them when you pulled the sheet over you. They were wonderful and I haven't been able to find them again. They were Martha Stewart brand for Macy's and I purchased them about 12 years ago.

Old 02-01-2023, 04:34 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Recommend please: Thick, heavy cotton bedsheets
Any recommendations?
The sheets I have right now.

Can't remember the brand but I dug out the plastic bag they came in. Well, I hope this is the bag for these.
I'd buy another set tomorrow but I can't remember where I got them.
Quote:
Thick sheet Cotton - not very soft, more crisp, they feel smooth and cool Heavy for a sheet
And perpetually wrinkled.

The paper inside that bag says "Elegant Comfort 1500 Thread Count"
which does come up on Amazon when I googled it (price seemed wrong).
Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House