Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2023, 07:46 AM

4,838 posts, read 3,264,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensky View Post
An ebony-hued (a blend of deep brown and black) arthropod, measuring approximately one inch in length, languidly traverses the confines of the household. How might I efficiently exterminate these pests? Occupying a recently established abode, it appears that there are three to four specimens present within each chamber. (Presently, I have positioned adhesive sheets, reminiscent of diminutive dwellings, imbued with a viscid concoction in various locations, yet their reappearance persists. Albeit lacking the intent to entice them, these creatures inadvertently adhere to the traps upon traversing their vicinity.) Which liquid substance could be suitably dispersed around the premises? Alternatively, should an insecticidal spray be employed within the interior?

Please advise me on the most optimal and efficacious methodology for averting the infiltration of these insects into my dwelling, around Atlanta, GA.

Ugh... that's kind of over the top.

Home Defense spray will kill the offenders. Works as advertised, even the part about it 'keeps on killing'.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2023, 08:00 AM

10,890 posts, read 7,376,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Ugh... that's kind of over the top.

Home Defense spray will kill the offenders. Works as advertised, even the part about it 'keeps on killing'.
Yeah, great stuff. Have used it in Hawaii and Arizona, both very popular with bugs, including the palmetto bug, aka giant flying roach.

Old 07-16-2023, 09:10 AM

4,838 posts, read 3,264,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Yeah, great stuff. Have used it in Hawaii and Arizona, both very popular with bugs, including the palmetto bug, aka giant flying roach.

Among the many things I don't miss about Texas are the roaches and fireants.

Old 07-16-2023, 06:16 PM

17,473 posts, read 66,019,193 times
Your preponderance of the English language will not help in the abolishment of said insect infestation; if anything, the eloquence may actually be enticing them to stay!

Just give’em the “deadly juice” and be done with it!

Old 07-16-2023, 07:42 PM

4,546 posts, read 3,746,709 times
Demon Max will get rid of anything. Mix this in a 1 gallon sprayer, and use more oz if you want to make it stronger.

https://www.amazon.com/Demon-Max-Ins...ps%2C98&sr=8-2

Old 07-16-2023, 10:24 PM

22,152 posts, read 19,206,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
Demon Max will get rid of anything. Mix this in a 1 gallon sprayer, and use more oz if you want to make it stronger.

using toxic pesticide in the home is well, in my view, not very wise. even INHALING it is harmful.
sheesh.

"Demon Max, May be fatal if swallowed. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Harmful if inhaled. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing."

Old 07-17-2023, 04:29 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,187,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensky View Post
An ebony-hued (a blend of deep brown and black) arthropod, measuring approximately one inch in length, languidly traverses the confines of the household. How might I efficiently exterminate these pests? Occupying a recently established abode, it appears that there are three to four specimens present within each chamber. (Presently, I have positioned adhesive sheets, reminiscent of diminutive dwellings, imbued with a viscid concoction in various locations, yet their reappearance persists. Albeit lacking the intent to entice them, these creatures inadvertently adhere to the traps upon traversing their vicinity.) Which liquid substance could be suitably dispersed around the premises? Alternatively, should an insecticidal spray be employed within the interior?

Please advise me on the most optimal and efficacious methodology for averting the infiltration of these insects into my dwelling, around Atlanta, GA.
Have you talked to them? Try to understand them?

Did you ask them why did they come to you ? what their needs are? how could you help to provide for their needs? How could you include them in your life?

You don’t seem to appreciate the diversity..
You perhaps need some re-education…

Read some modern books on the subject of equity: I learned that sharing is crucial.

(If you are evil enough put some sugar heavily laced with boric acid around the perimeter of your kitchen for the night and under the sink?
If you are living in the apartment- they will be back from your generous neighbors - you need to seal all vents with very fine metal mesh if so. Caulk all cracks under the baseboards, sealing gaskets around doors and windows
Keep your place immaculately clean with no crumbs and make sure your pipes have no condensation and your faucets are not dripping - the water is very important to them

The sugar boric acid mix needs to be refreshed if it gets caked)

Last edited by L00k4ward; 07-17-2023 at 04:38 AM..

Old 07-17-2023, 07:02 AM

4,546 posts, read 3,746,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
using toxic pesticide in the home is well, in my view, not very wise. even INHALING it is harmful.
sheesh.

"Demon Max, May be fatal if swallowed. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Harmful if inhaled. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, or clothing."
Not harmful if you use it in the correct dilution on the label for interior. Exterior you can pile on the oz even more, create a perimeter so they don’t come in.

Demon Max is the real deal and works so fast!

Old 07-17-2023, 07:10 AM

4,511 posts, read 2,660,480 times
First line of defense is Roach Prufe (now called Harris Roach Powder). For insects that come in from outside a line of Home Defense around the foundation may be helpful. If you have a crawl space you can set off the fumigating foggers in it. That last is the only thing I've ever seen to work very well.

The real solution is to go back in time to the late 1960s and have your house and surrounding soil treated for termites with chlordane. There will be NO BUGS.

Old 07-17-2023, 01:04 PM

8,055 posts, read 7,425,854 times
I use Bifenthrin to control cave crickets, and it also kills/prevents those 1-inch arthropods.

https://www.solutionsstores.com/bife...fD_BwE#156=945
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House