Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 07:12 AM

2,627 posts, read 1,170,699 times

Advertisements

I hired a new plumbing Company beginning with the R. I don't think I am allowed to say the name here so I only give the first letter.

In end of the week of May 2023 I paid $220.00 to replace a stopper. Now about 2 weeks ago the damn thing only stayed closed and apparently disconnected from the lift rod handle.

I am thinking of calling them and letting them know the cheezy part disconnected and I wasted my money. Would anyone here do that or just chalk it up to lesson learned stay away from this Company?

this is the kind they installed: I had to cut and paste the site I got the picture of mine. I can't seem to copy and paste a picture here.

https://mobileimages.lowes.com/produ....jpg?size=pdhi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2023, 07:36 AM

22,563 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post

I am thinking of calling them and letting them know the cheezy part disconnected and I wasted my money. Would anyone here do that or just chalk it up to lesson learned stay away from this Company?
I would do neither of those.... seriously!
I would call and let them know that the replacement they did failed, and that I expect them to fix it for free.

What I would do after that would depend on their response.

Old 08-02-2023, 07:41 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
I hired a new plumbing Company beginning with the R.
Why them?
Quote:
I am thinking of calling them and letting them know...
That you're not satisfied? Good idea.

But this time ... speak to the service dept manager.
Don't TELL them what the problem is. ASK them to figure it out and solve it.
If you had called a local company you could ask for Mr Smith directly.

Old 08-02-2023, 08:33 AM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times
You called Roto-Gouger!???

First mistake!-
Second mistake, for that???
That's a very simple DIY fix- nothing a couple of YTube vid's would explain how-to-do!

Old 08-02-2023, 10:04 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
You called Roto-Gouger!???

First mistake!-
Second mistake, for that???
That's a very simple DIY fix- nothing a couple of YTube vid's would explain how-to-do!
I have installed many bathroom and even kitchen sinks in our homes, and it is a fairly easy DIY project. Still,
in this case since they paid R to do the work I would definitely call them to fix it. I would not use them again for future work, however.

Old 08-02-2023, 12:36 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,257,171 times
Call them and say "The stopper you installed recently is no longer working, when can you send someone to take care of it?" That's what a person who doesn't thrive on drama would do.

Now maybe they'll try to charge you for another service call, and then it will be time to get your back up. But give them a chance to make it right first. Sometimes a job just doesn't go the way it's supposed to, wasting time giving them a reasonable chance to do the right thing will only shorten your life.

Old 08-02-2023, 02:28 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,170,699 times
I called he answers the phone "hello" real quiet like. I asked is this a business I called. He stammered like he didn't know what to say. Finally I got him to say yes this is a business. Then it went into an argument.

He said he had to see it to determine what was wrong and I made it clear after he said to see how much to fix it. I told him flat out I will not pay again when I paid over $200.00 already and now it just came out.

He used it was 2 -3 months ago. Thats when I got my gander up and said he didn't put it in right or it wouldn't have come out even the back handle won't reattach to it.

He got upset and said I insulted him. I'm like fine maybe it was the stopper being faulty not made right and told him he is a grown man and this is a business you don't tell a customer you feel insulted because the customer said he didn't install it right when he refuses to say he won't charge again. I was stunned at how he felt insulted and also told him when he said oh so how should he feel. I told him you grow up and tell the customer you are sorry it isn't working right and you will fix this at no charge and then you have a happy customer who already gave you a good review on the internet. He still tried to argue using how long ago he was here last day of May. I said you lost a customer goodbye.

Old 08-02-2023, 02:42 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
He got upset and said I insulted him. I'm like fine maybe it was the stopper being faulty not made right and told him he is a grown man and this is a business you don't tell a customer you feel insulted because the customer said he didn't install it right when he refuses to say he won't charge again. I was stunned at how he felt insulted and also told him when he said oh so how should he feel. I told him you grow up and tell the customer you are sorry it isn't working right and you will fix this at no charge and then you have a happy customer who already gave you a good review on the internet. He still tried to argue using how long ago he was here last day of May. I said you lost a customer goodbye.
You insulted him right out of the gate but you're stunned? Who would want a customer who speaks to someone else like this? Not me! Good riddance. Guess you've never heard the old saying about flies and vinegar. Now that you've reduced that particular bridge to ashes you get to call another plumber who without a doubt WILL charge you for a service call. Not too many plumbers operate charitable institutions. !

Last edited by Parnassia; 08-02-2023 at 03:01 PM..

Old 08-02-2023, 02:45 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Call them and say "The stopper you installed recently is no longer working, when can you send someone to take care of it?" That's what a person who doesn't thrive on drama would do.

Now maybe they'll try to charge you for another service call, and then it will be time to get your back up. But give them a chance to make it right first. Sometimes a job just doesn't go the way it's supposed to, wasting time giving them a reasonable chance to do the right thing will only shorten your life.
This, this, this. Plenty of time to inform him he's lost a customer after offering him the chance to make it right.

Old 08-03-2023, 06:20 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
You insulted him right out of the gate but you're stunned? Who would want a customer who speaks to someone else like this? Not me! Good riddance. Guess you've never heard the old saying about flies and vinegar. Now that you've reduced that particular bridge to ashes you get to call another plumber who without a doubt WILL charge you for a service call. Not too many plumbers operate charitable institutions. !
I seldom take the side of a contractor but why would he even want to go back there knowing what a hornet's nest it is? All that drama over a flapper? A good business knows when to let a customer go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House