Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 10:54 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
We had several electrical issues when we moved in, including the lack of a microwave circuit, so we had one put in.
Yes, my BF put one in my house a couple of years ago. I couldn't use my toaster oven and my MW at the same time. Very annoying.

The building I worked in was an old school. The "break room" had only 2 20 amp circuits. We had a coffee maker, two microwaves, and an electric kettle, in addition to the refrigerator. Guess how many times the circuits popped? The kept using surge protection extension cords and the gals just could not understand why they always eventually stopped working. I had to explain about amp loads, how the surge protectors work, show them the amps on each device to them, jeez - at least 3 separate times, before they finally called maintenance to upgrade the circuits in the room. And even then, the maintenance guys did not get it right. I actually had to explain it to THEM. Crazy! I was a systems analyst and here I was explaining electrical load issues to the maintenance guys!

Last edited by ChessieMom; 10-16-2023 at 11:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2023, 11:12 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Open the microwave door. There is a small cover plate on one of the walls. Clean it so there
is no food splatter on it anymore.
Your microwave will be fixed nicely.
Do it.
Oh, by the way, that little cover plate is called, "waveguide".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House