Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 04:01 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreder576748 View Post
I was in Home Depot the other day looking at a fridge and i got talking with the sales guy and he said the electrolux is crap, I think he said it was fridgeadair made, he said they looked nice but to stay away and he suggested LG.
Strange because a salesperson at HD advised us to stay away from LG because they were difficult to find service. Another poster on here said the same thing. We wented up buying GE Profile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 10:25 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Personally, I like the product line. Anything whirlpool, fridgidare and electrolux I will put in my home without hesitation. My husband and I made that choice when we owned our house.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:46 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,377 times
I would get the GE, KitchenAid, or Thermador.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:34 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times
I wouldn't spend a penny on Whirlpool junk. They now own most of the familar name American appliances like Frigidare and Maytag and Kitchen Aid. GE is still stand alone and I think Hotpoint is too. I bought Sears front load W/D to find it was made by Electrolux in Canada from an Italian design. I love it. It cleans well, it is water efficient and unlike Whirlpool it does not tear up my clothing. I hope it lasts a life time.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:40 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times
Default I am not sure what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlxsanitary View Post
What do you think of the electric faucet market over there? We are looking forward to find some distributor or partner worldwidely.
If the electric faucet turns on automatically when hands get near it then I would say it is mostly a commercial product. I see those in heavy traffic areas like truck stops. But if you mean something esle, then please describe it for us.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:01 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,369,692 times
Well, they are European and have been around as long as any of them, ~80-90 years. LG is "Goldstar," which was always the low end product in the store. They have changed to "LG" and are apparently improved.

Many Sears products are Electrolux. I think most people have had luck with them. I got a Kenmore (Electrolux) frig, and I like it.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 AM

34 posts, read 350,288 times
I haven't had good experiences with GE appliances. They seem to break/act up right after warranty expires.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 7,260 times
I manage an apartment building with 18 units. One Frigidare gas stove did not work after about two weeks of operation. The appliance repair service opened the back of the stove and found bare and charred wires against the internal gas pipe. He gasped with astonishment. He felt there was a strong possibility the stove could blow up if gas was present and the wires shorted. We checked other units that had not been used, but the wiring was the same configuration as the damaged unit. I called Frigidare (Electrolux) two times, but could not get past the phone clerk for help even after explaining the extreme potential danger of the other 17 units. I have hired an independent repair company to review all the units because I cannot get a response from Frigidare.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:47 PM

2 posts, read 7,260 times
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I manage an apartment building with 18 units. One Frigidaire gas stove did not work after about two weeks of operation. The appliance repair service opened the back of the stove and found bare and charred wires against the internal gas pipe. He gasped with astonishment. He felt there was a strong possibility the stove could blow up if gas was present and the wires shorted. We checked other units that had not been used, but the wiring was the same configuration as the damaged unit. I called Frigidaire (Electrolux) two times, but could not get past the phone clerk even after explaining the extreme potential danger of the other 17 units. I have hired an independent repair company to review all the units because I cannot get a response from Frigidaire.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 03-25-2009, 03:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Electrolux - National consumer*brands (http://www.electrolux.com/national_consumer_brands.aspx - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House