Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 06:27 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,016,561 times

Advertisements

The sidewalk that wraps around the side of my house has a sunken section. Has anyone had a sidewalk leveled (i.e. mud jacked)? What's the approximate cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 09:12 PM

94 posts, read 763,331 times
I had this problem on a house I sold (had to fix it before we sold it). The cost can vary based on how much mud (concrete/mud mix really) they use, but for us it was a base trip charge minimum of $150 and ended up being around $350 total and was completed in a few hours.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:09 AM

4,705 posts, read 25,299,067 times
If the section is not that large, it is many times cheaper and the finish is better when they just take out the bad section and re-pour the concrete.

If the sunken section has a lot of cracks, it won't look all that great after they jack it back in place.

I would look at both options.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:20 PM

94 posts, read 763,331 times
I should probably add what we did for $350

We had a front stoop, about 6'x4' that was sort of slanted a few inches, beyond that we had about 6' of sidewalk that was cracked (in two places, one in the middle and one from the stoop where they were once attached) and then a corner and another 15' or so of sidewalk that was leaning. That was it. So picture a 15'x6' "L" with a few stairs and a landing in front of the door.

Our mudjacker guy rolled back grass around the "L". Then he put mud mix under the front stoop (probably about 5' of empty space under there were poor bunnies who were evicted lived once), put mud mix under the 6' segment with the cracks, and under the long 15' segment to bring it back up as well and a bit more mud in front to prevent sagging after settling. Then he put more topsoil above
that and rolled our grass back over the new topsoil. It probably took him 2/3 of a day (8am to 2pm) for $350ish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House