Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:19 AM

168 posts, read 479,028 times

Advertisements

Hi Friends,
As previously posted, we have problems with these laminate floors!
Bruce's isnt cutting it for me. My friend said the Swifter Steamer Mop works...mmmm Isn't it too moist for these floors?
Any suggestions or experience!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 11:17 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,102,358 times
Are you using water and vinegar w/ a barely damp mop?

Old 10-16-2008, 06:27 AM

7,041 posts, read 14,949,231 times
I have used a myriad of products in the last year when I decided that my regular Swiffer (the kind that has the cleaner attached and you squirt it on the floor..) was too expensive. I have two large dogs & a cat and I am the type of cook that used to cook in restarants, so, I am not so neat when I cook. The results were a disaster. I used the Orange Glow for awhile but that required a sponge mop which really was too moist and then it left this coating on the floors that just attracted more dirt. Also tried the vinegar thing; that didn't touch the dirt, but, did remove the Orange Glow coating. Now, I am finally back to the Swiffer. It was amazing last weekend; I used like 4 pads in my living room/kitchen alone, just getting up all that built-up dirt. I am sure that it will take me awhile to get the floors back to where they were before I went on this tangent. My recommendation; like the commercial...get the Swiffer and never go back!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:28 AM

By the way, I am not talking about a steamer, here. This is just the mop thing that has the cleaner attached that you squirt on the floor and then mop up using the dispoable pads.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:13 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,204,499 times
Where do you get that "Swifter-mop" at and about how much does it cost?

Old 10-16-2008, 07:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,266,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Where do you get that "Swifter-mop" at and about how much does it cost?
You can get it at Wally World & coupons here Swiffer WetJet Floor Cleaner Product Information and Offers (http://www.swiffer.com/swiffer/en_US/wetjet.do - broken link)

It is around 21.99 I forget the price of the box of pads I would say 4.99

I use this to clean the wood floor rooms for my church .

I have sheltie (pic in profile) and omg omg Swiffer wet jet mop is so awesome with dog hair pick up on my bamboo floors.
I dont have to move furniture around to get to dust I just usually can get under sofa in about 2 swipes. It does corners to the tee.
I am just glad we are approaching winter or she was going to be shaved.

The thing I have yet to figure on the swiffer mop pads what is the deal with the green strip ? I thought it was to help you scrub spots but if you put that pad on evenly it is to high to reach the floor.. weird

Old 10-16-2008, 09:08 AM

31 posts, read 122,417 times
i agree....swiffer wet jet is the way to go...hands down the best way to clean pergo w/o leaving lots of residue or streaks. If you are more ambitious, you can spray on window cleaner and buff with a dry rag. The floor will be shiny and streak free. Obviously a lot less expensive and environmentally savvy, but much less convenient than a wet jet.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:44 AM

716 posts, read 2,148,262 times
We've been using the Method Wood for Good floor cleaner with their little dust mop system and it works great. You don't need to use a lot, it's non-toxic (good for pets!) and also smells like almonds which I LOVE!

Old 10-16-2008, 11:09 AM

92 posts, read 222,384 times
How about the Shark Steam System? Has anybody used it on "permanent shine" laminate floors? Will it take off the shine? My daughter has used it on tile floors and loves it.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:37 AM

Default not on laminate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastetcat View Post
How about the Shark Steam System? Has anybody used it on "permanent shine" laminate floors? Will it take off the shine? My daughter has used it on tile floors and loves it.
You can't use that steamer thing on laminate because it is too moist and will tear it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House