Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the following kitchen appliances does your household(s) have?
Oven 87 98.86%
Microwave 84 95.45%
Toaster 78 88.64%
Refrigerator 86 97.73%
Freezer (including refrigerators with freezers) 82 93.18%
Coffee / espresso machine 73 82.95%
Teapot 39 44.32%
Blender / Food Processor 77 87.50%
Dishwasher 80 90.91%
Washer 82 93.18%
Dryer 82 93.18%
Ice maker 58 65.91%
Can opener 54 61.36%
Food dehydrator 9 10.23%
Frying pan 74 84.09%
Ice grinder 13 14.77%
Juicer 15 17.05%
Meat Grinder 8 9.09%
Breadmaker 26 29.55%
Waffle Maker 31 35.23%
Butter churn 1 1.14%
Popcorn Maker 13 14.77%
Rice Cooker 24 27.27%
Sandwich press 15 17.05%
Kebab cooker 2 2.27%
Wine cooler 5 5.68%
Garbage Disposal 59 67.05%
Wok 36 40.91%
Pasta Machine 7 7.95%
Chocolate Fountain 2 2.27%
Keg 1 1.14%
Trash Compactor 5 5.68%
Rotissirie 11 12.50%
Cotton Candy Maker 2 2.27%
Hotplate 8 9.09%
George Foreman Grill 42 47.73%
Steam Oven 1 1.14%
Quesadilla Maker 6 6.82%
Brick Oven 2 2.27%
Tandoori oven 1 1.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 09:13 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times

Advertisements

I used to have so many gadgets in the past then my husband and I decided to go full time in a motorhome so I had to down size. After 3 years traveling and living in our motorhome I realized how much I didn't need.

I ended up keeping the toaster, microwave, coffee maker, crock pot, toaster oven(don't have one in the mh), washer and dryer.

Life changes again and we are building an off grid solar home so the toaster and coffee maker had to go. I am now using a percolator on the gas stove for coffee and the coffee tastes great. The hairdryer I'm going to miss the most. I'l have to put the generator on for that.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 09:27 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,189,780 times
My DH would love for me to buy a waffle maker. Do any of you guys really use it on a "regular" basis?

The one item on the list that just collects dust in my closet is the rotisserie (set it...and forget it!). I should probably endeavor to use it once in a while!

The one item that's not on the list (at least I didn't notice it) was the slow-cooker. I'd be LOST without mine. And, to think, I didn't actually get one until about 6 years ago. Can't believe I survived all those years without it! It's the best thing I ever bought!

Old 10-20-2008, 09:53 PM

23,588 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I have a lot of crap that I never use: meat slicer, pizzelle maker...hell, I don't even know what I have on my basement shelves! (DH is in the tabletop/cookware industry and my BIL is/was a buyer for LNT, so I get hooked up. )
LOL! Never heard of a pizzelle maker and thought you might have a pizzle maker.

Didn't see juicers listed. We have both a citrus juicer and vegetable juicer. Also didn't see crock pot or deep fat fryer, espresso machine, coffee grinder, knife sharpener, electric carving knife (one of the dumbest inventions of the 1970s), warming plates, fondue pots, distiller, etc..

Old 10-22-2008, 07:50 PM

461 posts, read 1,449,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
My DH would love for me to buy a waffle maker. Do any of you guys really use it on a "regular" basis?

The one item on the list that just collects dust in my closet is the rotisserie (set it...and forget it!). I should probably endeavor to use it once in a while!

The one item that's not on the list (at least I didn't notice it) was the slow-cooker. I'd be LOST without mine. And, to think, I didn't actually get one until about 6 years ago. Can't believe I survived all those years without it! It's the best thing I ever bought!
I have a waffle maker, I use it about twice a year, it is the biggest pain to clean! I'm not that into waffles and my husband is just as happy with pancakes... I can throw the skillet in the dishwasher!

Old 10-23-2008, 02:19 AM

1,212 posts, read 4,910,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama;5780696

[B
]My DH would love for me to buy a waffle maker. Do any of you guys really use it on a "regular" basis?
[/b]

That is why I love the George Foreman grill. I have the one with different griddles... one of them is a waffle maker. My first attempt at making waffles and it was easy and delicious. The nice thing is, I can still use this appliance to cook steaks, burgers, sausage patties... etc. It is very versatile.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:21 AM

Quote:
=mikenbacismama;5780696

]My DH would love for me to buy a waffle maker. Do any of you guys really use it on a "regular" basis?

That is why I love the George Foreman grill. I have the one with different griddles... one of them is a waffle maker. My first attempt at making waffles and it was easy and delicious. The nice thing is, I can still use this appliance to cook steaks, burgers, sausage patties... etc. It is very versatile.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:23 AM

Oh, and don't forget the easy clean up with a George Foreman... totally non stick. Not that cheap "painted on " non stick... I mean just take a damp sponge and wipe down the grill while it is still warm from cooking, and it is clean in less than 60 seconds.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:14 AM

347 posts, read 1,094,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
I noticed I am the only one so far to have a rice cooker. It is out of necessity of course. I can't cook rice any other way.
I have one too. No matter that's it's been sleeping for years! I personally prefer the microwave- perfect everytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
It's funny about the rice cookers. Anyone who tries one seems to be a convert. I am. My mother used it once and complained about the way the rice looked. But once she tasted it, she was quite happy with it.
I guess I'm the odd one out then- for preferring the microwave!
The rice does taste fine in a cooker, but I it bakes/crusts on the bottom, even if I remove the container at once after cooking! With the microwave, every grain stays nice and separate... I just love it.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:17 AM

347 posts, read 1,094,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Pretty simple...just answer what you have. If it's packed away but you own it (like many jerky machines I'm guessing), it counts too. Enjoy!
Interesting poll!
Yup... a lot of mine are packed away all right!

Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
We had a George Formean grill, maybe we still do. Used it about four times and then it sat unused until it got put away or sold. The biggest problem was that grease would pour out of it and the catch basin was too small so we had to put towels under it to catch all the grease. The next problem was that we found it hard to clean. It was also hard to store. It did not fit anywhere. I am glad that some people like them. Maybe if we can find it I will give it to you. We may have dumped it in a garage sale. Not sure.

We also had a waffle iron, but it too is a lot of work and the waffles are not that much better than toaster eggos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House