Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why did Jeff the contractor file a law suit?
DECEPTION 3 60.00%
REVENGE 4 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 10:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

Really I do not often have problems. Twice I have filed liens. I made more on the liens than the wells. LOL I can do that, it is in the contract.

I never bill for two weeks. By then they love their wells! We are in and out to fast to make enemies. Three days at the most. You are right, our customers know very little about their systems.

I have received all kinds of goodies, cards of thanks, a few letters to the editor thanking us. Flowers and a puppy.

I have also returned to fix a bad pump Thanksgiving morning. I answer the phone 24/7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 11:43 AM

286 posts, read 1,481,487 times
Every business works under a contract, it is either written or oral.

Satisfaction for both the business and their customer depends on the honesty of each.

IMO, when a person gets estimates (an idea of the cost) and then 'negotiates' for a lower price and finds a business that accepts the offer, both parties start the relationship as opponents rather than partners working toward the same goal and a satisfactory level of satisfaction for both. And making changes after entering into the agreement deepens the antagonism.

The usual outcome of that negotiation is that the two parties start off in a somewhat friendly yet antagonistic relationship. The customer usually lies saying they can't afford the true cost of what they 'want' (IMO, if that is true, then they should wait until they can afford it) and the business must give up profit and possibly will lose money on the job because the business can not negotiate lower materials or labor costs, or an increase in them before the job is finished. Which puts the business in a losing proposition and jeopardizes the business, its ability to meet their payroll, loss of employees, loss of their line of credit with their suppliers, loss of their house and marriage if they have a mortgage and are married etc. etc. etc..

Thereby most businesses doing business with residential customers have the legal right to file a lien on the property if they are not paid in full and most residential customers have the right to file a law suit to defend themselves against a lien etc..

Old 11-01-2008, 12:55 PM

"The heartbreak of poor quality will out last the thrill of the deal".

I give a price, take it or leave it. I'll drill it now or fix it later and it won't be cheap.

Last edited by Driller1; 11-01-2008 at 01:23 PM..

Old 11-01-2008, 06:10 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Really I do not often have problems. Twice I have filed liens. I made more on the liens than the wells. LOL I can do that, it is in the contract.

I never bill for two weeks. By then they love their wells! We are in and out to fast to make enemies. Three days at the most. You are right, our customers know very little about their systems.

I have received all kinds of goodies, cards of thanks, a few letters to the editor thanking us. Flowers and a puppy.

I have also returned to fix a bad pump Thanksgiving morning. I answer the phone 24/7.
Geez what you said about being in and out too quick to make enemies sure does make sense.

Way back when I did remodeling we might be in some ones home for weeks. No matter how great a job we were doing, you are disrupting their lives, disrupting their routines, making dirt in their home and in my case, cant even cook dinner in their own kitchen. So this creates problems. People get short tempered due to all this.

Today I am in and out of their homes in 3 days or less so no one has time to get mad at the disruption of their lives.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:16 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,732,227 times
Default In and out quick

That is not always true, I've known girls who got very upset if you got in / out too quick.

Some even will call it deception and want revenge. Least that is what I've heard.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
That is not always true, I've known girls who got very upset if you got in / out too quick.

Some even will call it deception and want revenge. Least that is what I've heard.
But, we went 480 ft in a day and was done. Everybody smiled!!! LOL LOL LOL

Old 08-19-2009, 12:30 PM

9 posts, read 21,022 times
Panama City is not a good place to build a home. The quality of the work is horrible and the contractors are often times ex-cons.

Beware! Many people live to regret their decision to build a home in the Panama City Florida area. Also, the place is a dump and you will never get back what you put into it.

IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING MOVING TO PANAMA CITY FLORIDA, YOU BETTER COME UP WITH A BETTER PLAN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House