Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think this house is cute?
Adorable! 51 47.22%
Ugly! 2 1.85%
Eh, it's so so. 55 50.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 09:56 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,817,826 times

Advertisements

Here in the PNW, that is the standard builder house, that style is everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 10:49 AM

1,294 posts, read 6,485,070 times
thanks everyone for your replies. we are thinking of going to see this house but i wondered if i was the only one who thought it was cute. for our area, it is kind of unique which is drawing me to it and i would like to work on it and fix it up (including changing the vinyl siding).

i think w/ that lot as most of you have mentioned, it could be a really nice, "adorable" house. i just needed some reassuring b/c my husband will tell me anything is cute, if i like it...haha! he's easy to please. as long as most of you didn't say butt ugly - i was ok with that! but keep voting, this is fun!! i love the suggestions too. and you all are right, the lot is definitely making it cuter. the backyard is park like. right now the house doesn't have all too much going for it... except potential! also, i'm thinking that sunroom attached to the front of house may filter in some light where the porch doesn't, but we'll have to wait and see. i have pictures of the inside, but i'm afraid to share... but you all could offer advice if you like to do that sort of thing and let me know if you think it has potential. i attached a zip file b/c there are a lot of photos.

i already have a long list of things i would change if we went w/ this house. the wood paneling has to be painted, fireplace stone cleaned the kitchen redone, hopefully there is a wall to take down to open up the floorplan a little bit. there are no photos of bathrooms, so i'm sure those need work. but the house is at the very bottom of our price range so we could definitely make it nice. we just have to make sure the neighborhood is what we like. another thing i really like is that the house looks very well maintained. the owners look like they take pride in the home (except for some of the bushes are out of control). one of my concerns is how low the ceilings look, especially in the living room. i'm wondering if we'll feel clausterphobic in there. and w/ a 2nd floor, it's not an easy thing to remedy, right?

well don't be shy - lay it on me!

thanks everyone for voting and writing!
Attached Files
File Type: zip pictures.zip (360.2 KB, 77 views)

Old 12-07-2008, 10:59 AM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I like the house.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:18 AM

617 posts, read 2,072,437 times
Just looked at the other pictures - the lot and landscaping are fantastic. Great curb appeal. The interior seems to have a lot of potential. Love the fireplace in the master bedroom and the double doors between the dining room and living room. If the price is at the lower end of your range, then I'd say it's definitely worth hiring someone to do an independent inspection.

The decor is a bit too "country" for me but redecorating to your own style is part of the fun of buying a home. (IMO, at least.)

Old 12-07-2008, 11:35 AM

thanks for replying scorpy01. i'm glad you think the interior has potential too! the fireplace in the master is cute. the inside is WAY to country haha, but like you said, that will be fun to change!

Old 12-07-2008, 12:08 PM

6,800 posts, read 14,018,392 times
I personally like the house. I really like a house with decent size porch on it. The landscaping is nice and if I saw a for sale sign on it I would give it a look.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:15 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,257,254 times
Eh, so so. It looks like the standard house with nothing great or bad about it.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:23 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,141 times
How much is it? I will base my vote on the price - especially in this current housing market.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:35 PM

thanks for replying! it's listed at $224,900. i think i could get it for around $200k though. it's been on the market for over 6 months. i was thinking (sight unseen still) that if everything we want to do is fairly easy cosmetic work, i would put about $20k-ish in it (doing some of the work ourselves).

Old 12-07-2008, 03:38 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,739,063 times
If I were in the market for buying a house I would definately go look at this one....Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House