Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 06:47 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,316 times

Advertisements

I doubt the "Big Bad HOAs" are comming to get you. Please, really?

greenchili

Old 12-22-2008, 07:46 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
This is going in the wrong direction. No one said anything about having a choice to live like a commy or not. That is what freedom is. Having the choice to live any place your little heart desires. Anywhere.

The issue are those specific places where anti American communist rules rules rules rules rules rules exist. Rules that dictate how and when you can sneeze. Where is it written that only commy HOA areas are nice? There are plenty of nice areas where the residents choose to keep things nice without anyone sticking a .45 in their ear making sure they do.

In America we have freedoms. Not as many since the Dictator took office 8 years ago but we still have freedoms. Freedom to choose where to live and how to live. We have the right to enjoy and reep the benefits and the fruits of our land. Ownership of land is as pure and old as the Pilgrams. If you choose to allow some one else to dictate to you how to use the land that YOU and only YOU pay for then I suggest that you would be much more happy in Cuba or China or maybe the old Soviet Union would fit in well.

Freedom is never more then one generation from extinction. Many have found that the defense of liberty is a hard price to pay while others find it easier to surrender to the big chains of government and HOAs. How sad and how weak.
Dude, you need to chill a little and take your meds...your giving me visions of that guy who blew up the government building in OKC 15 yrs ago.....

We're talking about HOA's and your bringing up freakin Cuba and China...are you effin serious????!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 07:52 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
I doubt the "Big Bad HOAs" are comming to get you. Please, really?

greenchili
If you think that then maybe you should forget to mow your lawn one time, maybe not take your garbage cans in quick enough, maybe hang an ornament on your front door that is not allowed, or put up a forbidden color curtians in your front window, maybe fly an American flag which all communist HOA forbid, and maybe you had to get to work early one morning and could not yank that yellow dandalion from your lawn. All these and many many more are serious offenses.

And if you commit any of these offenses you will get that red ticket on your door knob. If you do not pay the fine in protest it will turn real ugly. Most all communist HOA rules say that they can and they do put a lien on your home and that lien will continue to grow. At some point they will simply take your home with no compensation to cover the fine. Dont deny it because I can list hundreds of links to such stories. They are quite easy to find really.

They are a bunch of power hungry mongrals.

Need more proof? Why are all communist HOA rule books upwards of 300 pages long? Does it really take 300 pages of hogwash to tell the poor sap residents what they can and cant do? Would a few pages of basic rules be enough?

Old 12-22-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Dude, you need to chill a little and take your meds...your giving me visions of that guy who blew up the government building in OKC 15 yrs ago.....

We're talking about HOA's and your bringing up freakin Cuba and China...are you effin serious????!!!
I ain't a dude. And Cuba and China happens to be communist. Just like communist HOAs in America. And yes I am damn serious ! Have you ever met an American Patriot before? Some of us believe in the constitution and our freedoms as it was written. Not some watered down shredded to ribbons version like bush the Dictator and his crime family seemed to have shoved down peoples throats.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:31 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
I think the benefit or curse of a HOA is having another layer of bureaucracy to deal with.

As long as you are in-step... there really isn't a problem

Some things my HOA has gotten in trouble for and ultimately had to change... even after spending HOA money in court the HOA, meaning home owners, lost.

Prohibitions against flags, pennants and banners which eventually was deemed to include the American Flag on Flag Holidays such a Veterans Day and Memorial Day. Home owners may now fly/display a 3 x 5 American Flag.

Green Turf requirement... even though a water emergency was declared due to draught... This caused a lot of turmoil... who doesn't like a green lawn??? The problem arises when your draught allotment can no longer support a lush lawn.

Shake Roof requirement. Many had battled against the shake roof requirement due to the urban/wildland interface and resulting higher insurance premiums... the HOA wouldn't relent... then along comes the Oakland/Berkeley Firestorm burning 3000+ homes.

Shake Roofs were found instrumental in determining a home's survival chances... many insurance companies now refuse to write coverage on homes with shake roofs. The HOA relented when the city outlawed new shake roofs... too late help those that had already been forced to go shake were now stuck with illegal roofs

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 12-22-2008 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-22-2008, 10:39 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Quote:
I ain't a dude. And Cuba and China happens to be communist. Just like communist HOAs in America. And yes I am damn serious ! Have you ever met an American Patriot before? Some of us believe in the constitution and our freedoms as it was written. Not some watered down shredded to ribbons version like bush the Dictator and his crime family seemed to have shoved down peoples throats.
So, ummm, how do you really feel about HOA's

<Just to let you guys know, after I log off CD, I'm going to e-mail my HOA prez Vladimir and tell him that some dandelions are on my neighbors lawn..must issue red ticket...LOL>

Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,316 times
Well....we must have a lax HOA board,because lots of people dont mow their
lawns promptly,and many have some weeds. I dont feel like Im living in
a communist haven, and MOST everyone that bought out here where we
live are retired military or active duty. (Its close to AF base) so, we fly
flags, and decorate for Christmas,and during election lots had signs too.
Im sure there are some stricter and more anal HOAs, but this is not an example
of one.

Greenchili

Old 12-23-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
So, ummm, how do you really feel about HOA's

<Just to let you guys know, after I log off CD, I'm going to e-mail my HOA prez Vladimir and tell him that some dandelions are on my neighbors lawn..must issue red ticket...LOL>
So you think it's funny. You go ahead and call your friend and comrad Vladimir. From the name we can assume his country of origin is the same as Josef Stalin. He may provide you with a few basic tokens of brownie points but your neighbor you rat on will call you a rat and will spend the rest of his life watching you so he can rat back on you. You will forever be watching over your shoulder and watch out what you do on YOUR OWN property.

Which leads me to say these commy HOAs do lead to pit neighbor against neighbor. Everyone is peaking at eachother looking to rat on them.

Sounds like a pretty stressful way to exist to me.

I believe it is people like this who allowed the Hitlers, the Kim Jongs and the bush crime families to thrive.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I think the benefit or curse of a HOA is having another layer of bureaucracy to deal with.

As long as you are in-step... there really isn't a problem

Some things my HOA has gotten in trouble for and ultimately had to change... even after spending HOA money in court the HOA, meaning home owners, lost.

Prohibitions against flags, pennants and banners which eventually was deemed to include the American Flag on Flag Holidays such a Veterans Day and Memorial Day. Home owners may now fly/display a 3 x 5 American Flag.

Green Turf requirement... even though a water emergency was declared due to draught... This caused a lot of turmoil... who doesn't like a green lawn??? The problem arises when your draught allotment can no longer support a lush lawn.

Shake Roof requirement. Many had battled against the shake roof requirement due to the urban/wildland interface and resulting higher insurance premiums... the HOA wouldn't relent... then along comes the Oakland/Berkeley Firestorm burning 3000+ homes.

Shake Roofs were found instrumental in determining a home's survival chances... many insurance companies now refuse to write coverage on homes with shake roofs. The HOA relented when the city outlawed new shake roofs... too late help those that had already been forced to go shake were now stuck with illegal roofs
Ya know.... about that flag issue you mention. Nearly all commy HOAs forbid any flag, banner and worse of all.... the American Flag. Many homeowners including Veterans of wars have sued and did not succeed in fighting the commies on this issue. Without looking it up I recall a bill signed and passed by the Dictator bush that makes it illegal for any housing authority to ban displaying the American flag so long as it is displayed in a proper manor.

Today no commy HOA can stop you from displaying the American flag on the holidays. They can however still dictate the duration and dates you can hang it. The magic word "dictate" is still in there but is much improved.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:08 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Oh please...you just broke my irony meter.

Bush is out of office in a month or so...which is funny that you call him a dictator since he is leaving office per the rules of our electoral process.

All this while complaining about Cuba = HOA? When you can voluntarily join HOA's and leave at will?

Basically, you seem to have an exceptional lack of personal responsibility and also the ability to change the accepted definitions of words to mean something completely different than what they are.

Please, return to the political forum and leave the other forums to honest, intelligent discussion instead of rabid foaming at the mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House