Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 03:55 PM

32 posts, read 145,639 times

Advertisements

Mine is House Hunters.

I love watching them profile the buyer's 3 top choices and it's kinda fun to try and guess which place they'll pick. Also.. I like the fact that they do a follow-up and show the changes the buyer's have made.

"Rate my Space" and some of the renevating shows are also interesting..

Anyone else watch HGTV? ..Or am I the only one? (knowing me, I am the only one here.. LOL! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 04:11 PM

841 posts, read 4,830,791 times
I LOVE Property Virgins and House Hunters. They're very addictive shows!
I've been watching House Hunters since the days they only did shows in California and they never listed the prices of the houses. I'm a loyal follower.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:26 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,434,001 times
Curb Appeal and The Unsellables - makes me want to a) buy a house with a front garden that can be fixed up and b) clean my condo!

Old 03-30-2009, 04:33 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,082,950 times
House Hunters International (love to see what else is "out there") and I used to watch the show about moving houses (can't remember the name). I found that fascinating.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:41 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,202,762 times
House Hunters is also my fave and I've also been watching it for many years. There are several of the home renovation shows I watch, not only on HGTV, but also on other cable networks. Every once in awhile I try out some new ones or ones I've never seen and then decide whether to DVR them or not continue to watch them. I just watched some episodes of a series called "Clean My House" (I think that was the name!) and I just couldn't stand the one gal on the show. It's the one hosted by Niecy Nance from "Reno 911" and other reality shows. I don't mind Niecy, but the blond gal who is one of the "organizers" drove me crazy. Just her voice annoyed me! So I won't watch that one again! I like Mission Organization because it gives me ideas on organizing things and that really helps me out!

Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,098,840 times
That showdown thing. I loved seeing Ramos go down in flames

Old 03-30-2009, 05:30 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,545,229 times
I mostly watch House Hunters. Like summers19 said, since back when they would not tell the prices.

Most other shows are just comedy made for TV junk. When your in the construction industry you really see how stupid most of the shows are. For example when they start painting a wall they take a roller without a pole and start in the middle of the wall at eye level and do like a "W" pattern and then everyone looks at it and says woo woo. If I ever seen one of my contractors painting that way I would dump his head in the paint can..

Then my favorite....when those in TV land tells the public that you can paint cabinets. You can not. And sometimes they install new cabinets and tell those of us in TV land that you can do a whole new kitchen for a thousand dollars. After these shows air my kitchen showroom get busy with those who watched that show and want their thousand dollar kitchen too. Yea right. That might buy you 2 medium sized cabinets.

Then they try and tell us that refacing is cheaper. Yea and I just hit the pick 6 lotto 5 consectutive nights in a row. Refacing is ALWAYS more expensive then replacing with new. Even if the prices were even, what you are doing is simular to dressing a man in a nice clean pressed suit and tie but put dirty shoes on him. I will replace cheaper then refacing any day of the year.

It's just entertainment people. Real home remodeling does not work like they do it on TV and certianly costs more.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:33 PM

855 posts, read 2,390,436 times
Yard Crashers. I love the people's reactions when the guy is following them around asking if he can do some landscaping for them and how surprised most of them are when he brings a small army to work on their yards with these big plans.

I also like Renovation Realities, Curb Appeal, My First Place and House Hunters.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:07 PM

242 posts, read 786,757 times
I like Property Virgins, House Hunters, My First Place, Divine Design and Spice Up My Kitchen. I spend entirely too much time watching HGTV!! I only have one class this semester and I am bored out of my mind

Old 03-30-2009, 07:24 PM

878 posts, read 2,728,472 times
Poperty Virgins because I love Sandra...also love House Hunters and My First Place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House