Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 11:40 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Like the poster above the things that I love in my house aren't features, indeed, my modest sized 80 y.o house lacks many that most families seem to require today, I'm more of an aesthetics kind of guy.

So, its the outside architecture

[IMG][/IMG]

the inside architecture

[IMG][/IMG]

and the garden

[IMG][/IMG]

What I lack in three car garages and sumptuous master suites I more than make up for in a house that I wouldn't dream of moving from even if I won the lottery.

edit: oops, I guess me and Poltracker violated the rules about not mentioning our gardens. Oh well ;-)
Beautiful home, and beatuiful garden! My home is newer, but also small and cozy and nicely appointed. I have recently added a very small guest room, as well as a "studio space" for my painting. . . and these 2 additions have taken my home from one that was just "adequate" to one that I really love, and that suits my needs, is aesthetically appealing, and is both "large enough" ( 1150 sq feet) and "small enough. with a fine garden space and of course, the "cherry on top", is that it is fully paid for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 02:21 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,893,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Beautiful home, and beatuiful garden! My home is newer, but also small and cozy and nicely appointed. I have recently added a very small guest room, as well as a "studio space" for my painting. . . and these 2 additions have taken my home from one that was just "adequate" to one that I really love, and that suits my needs, is aesthetically appealing, and is both "large enough" ( 1150 sq feet) and "small enough. with a fine garden space and of course, the "cherry on top", is that it is fully paid for!
Wow! We should all be so lucky. Sounds perfect!- especially the new studio space, that is one thing I crave which I don't have.

Old 05-26-2009, 02:27 PM

63 posts, read 266,480 times
1. The quaint cottagey look of the entire house with original hardwood floors
2. My 3 season porch
3. My gas fireplace in the living room

I LOVE my house

Old 05-26-2009, 02:29 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
It depends on the season, the day and my mood. This weekend I loved the wrap around front porch; the eight exterior doors and four stairways (makes for fun chase games with the kids); and the multitude of large windows with cross-lighting everywhere.

That is excluding the history of the house, the architecture, the seclusion and the view becuase I think that those were suppose to be excluded.

Next week, or even tonight the list may be different. We are very fortunate, there are a lot of really fantastic feature in our house and the accompanying carriage house. I am thankful for every day that we get to live there.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:14 PM

4 posts, read 6,875 times
1. My family (Dad, Mom, Sis)
2. Food
3. Home Sweet Home

Old 05-26-2009, 06:15 PM

878 posts, read 2,737,194 times
You know it is threads like this that remind us about appreciating what we have..I love my home but just get so caught up in life that I rush home from work and subconsciously just get through the evening. I walked in my home today and just took some time to enjoy it..poured a glass on wine and went out onto the patio and just relaxed. Then came inside, made dinner in my lovely kitchen with the little office off to the side where I am posting from. Now I will retire to my lovely master...I truly love my home.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:59 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Dens, my kitchen isn't lovely (alas), but everything works, and it's cozy and comfy and warm. And for that I am grateful.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:34 PM

878 posts, read 2,737,194 times
My kitchen is lovely to me...that's all that matters...others may not agree...isn't it all about what makes us happy OhioGirl

Old 05-27-2009, 04:59 PM

2,480 posts, read 5,319,731 times
1. Master bedroom on other side of house.
2. Walk Out basement.
3. Master closets outside the master bathroom.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:09 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times
My house is my sanctuary and refuge

I'd miss:
the English cottage look
the flow-thru breezes
the dark wood bookcases surrounding the fireplace
the (just fortunate )feng shui placement of doors and windows and bed
the beautiful trees and green all around
the privacy of my backyard
my sink (diagonal in a corner) and the two windows around it
the cheerful lighting
my bay window facing my backyard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House