Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 AM

1,416 posts, read 5,601,042 times

Advertisements

What kitchen appliance (any size or type) OTHER THAN your wall oven and range/cooktop do you use the most often?

Which kitchen appliance do you use the least?

The appliance I use most often, by far, is my Zojirushi automatic rice cooker. It makes steel-cut oatmeal every morning (except for the occasional nights when I forget to program it, which results in dark looks the next morning from my SO!) and is also used to make rice about 3 times a week.

Zojirushi currently makes 14 different models of rice cookers but this is the one we have which is perfect for 1 or 2 people.

Zojirushi (http://www.zojirushi.com/ourproducts/ricecookers/ns_lac.html - broken link)

The appliance I hardly ever use is the microwave. It may get used perhaps once a month to make a bag of Steamfresh veggies when I've run out of fresh, or to heat a small amount of water quickly instead of boiling it on the stove or in the electric kettle. But that's about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 07:35 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Before we built our off grid home my most used appliance was my electric coffee maker and then my toaster. My least used was the Crockpot which only got used about once every 3 months or so.

Now I don't have many appliances other than my refrigerator and stove. I use a peculator on top of the stove and my broiler for toasting. Most things are done manually. So my least used are my electric coffee maker and electric toaster which I don't use at all anymore.

I use my stove and oven/broiler everyday.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:38 AM

1,149 posts, read 4,205,509 times
Most: My incredibly cheap and old college microwave (one of those red cube ones you could buy at BB&B). We rarely eat out, and usually end up with leftovers, so the microwave is usually the go-to appliance when it comes to reheating side dishes. Oh, and popcorn

Least: Wine fridge. I swear, the thing only exists to make a loud humming noise, and keep our wine too warm haha. It was a gift, so we used it for a while, but right now I have three bottles of wine happily ensconced in our refrigerator... and yes, I will add ice to them when I pour LOL.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:04 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Most: toaster oven/broiler, electric kettle, microwave.

Least: blender, food processor, mixer -- not because I don't like them, but because they're best suited for occasional and bigger jobs, like preparing salsa for canning or baking cakes and cookies.

The rice cooker is in the garage sale pile. The stove does a better job.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:23 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,294,588 times
Most: Microwave... sometimes we live out of that thing!! Then coffee maker, then toaster and blender.

Least: Fryer.. we have a little Fry Daddy (for like french fries, etc) that I don't like using because when it is loud and pops everywhere it scares me! Then probably our dehydrador, then crockpot (even though I love the crockpot, I just don't cook in it much).

Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Daily use: coffee maker, toaster, microwave (softening the butter!)

Few times per year: crock pot

Once every few years: bread maker

Never used: juicer (I have hopes of someday using it)

Old 06-01-2009, 11:38 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
most used:
refridgerator; Microwave; oven; stove; diswahser; can opener

Least used: breadmaker; waffle iron; mixer; blender; crock pot and coffee maker (I am not even sure if still have one)

Old 06-01-2009, 11:56 AM

275 posts, read 707,845 times
Most Used: Coffeepot (everymorning thank you!), Toaster, Sandwich maker and Microwave. We use our microwave so often, we hardly turn the stove on.

Least Used: OVEN... I never get the chance to cook with it (doesn't cook right.. time for a new one), My Magic Bullet (love it, but never have the time to get it out!), and only once every so many months do I get out my slow cooker/ crock pot.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:01 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,826,232 times
Most used: stove top, then oven, then microwave, then espresso machine - all in daily use.

Least used: once or twice a month ice cream maker, once a week large food processor, once a week vacuum sealer for freezing foods, twice or three times a week small food processor. Standard coffee maker for company only.

That's pretty much it for powered appliances in my kitchen.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:03 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Standard coffee maker for company only.
Company isn't good enough for espresso?

(joking )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House