Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 08:45 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Petitte View Post
I never heard of a stink bug until we bought this house, I’m so freaked out I want to move! It is January 1st and I find at least four stink bugs in my house each day. I now hear this horrible buzzing sound at night in my wall by the window, do they get in your walls and make a loud buzzing sound, if so, I’m out of here! I literally sleep with a hoodie on my head because they seem to be more “in your face” at night. Can I get rid of them quickly, HELP!
Just bought. And now moving because of a bug- yeah, right!
Rid them quickly? Maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 08:48 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
From what little I have heard, if there is a nest......you must both kill or remove all bees and remove the all of the nest, or it will act as a very strong attractant for more bees to come and take-up residence.
The social network doesn't work that way. When the queen is gone the colony is gone.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:11 AM

3,320 posts, read 4,129,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Petitte View Post
I never heard of a stink bug until we bought this house, I’m so freaked out I want to move! It is January 1st and I find at least four stink bugs in my house each day. I now hear this horrible buzzing sound at night in my wall by the window, do they get in your walls and make a loud buzzing sound, if so, I’m out of here! I literally sleep with a hoodie on my head because they seem to be more “in your face” at night. Can I get rid of them quickly, HELP!
Yes, I think those stink bugs are becoming the pest of the future. I've seen a lot more of them in the past few years. They are harmful to gardens and crops, but they don't bite. We often seem to have an over abundance of something in late summer/early fall. It always used to be the boxelder bugs, then it was the orange lady bugs, and now the new wave is stinkbugs. I can't believe how easy they get into the house considering how much fatter they are than a boxelder or lady beetle. Stink bugs are very resilient, I haven't seen any since November, then right out of the blue I saw one flying around the living room just the other night, after not seeing any for at least 6 weeks. And it was zero degrees outside too, and had been cold for several days before, hasn't been above 20 degrees since before Christmas, lol. This summer I'm going to spray more around my sliding patio door, as that seems to be the entry point, but I have it sealed really good now for winter, how did that Houdini stink bug get in here?

I was so impressed with that stink bug, I let him live because the cat likes to chase him and it made it feel like summer again, lol. I found it lying dead the next day near the patio door.

Last edited by mofford; 01-03-2018 at 10:26 AM..

Old 01-03-2018, 10:29 AM

2,221 posts, read 2,095,235 times
My stink bug problem went away when I stopped veggie gardening. Yea, I'll see one or two, but nothing like I had before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House