Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 09:04 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,002,631 times

Advertisements

We're moving to a home where one of the bathrooms has a bathtub/shower combo. It has a straight rod for the shower curtain. As anyone with a tub/shower combo knows, there's never enough room in there, especially once the curtain starts to suck inward .

We're renting the house, so I don't want to start mucking about with taking the current rod out or drilling holes in the wall to accommodate a bona-fide curved rod. I have not been able to find a tension rod that is curved. I saw an ad for something called Shower Bow, and it looked fairly intriguing. The downside was that it wasn't in stock .

Has anyone tried the Shower Bow or had success with some other method of making the shower roomier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 11:37 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,363,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
We're moving to a home where one of the bathrooms has a bathtub/shower combo. It has a straight rod for the shower curtain. As anyone with a tub/shower combo knows, there's never enough room in there, especially once the curtain starts to suck inward .

We're renting the house, so I don't want to start mucking about with taking the current rod out or drilling holes in the wall to accommodate a bona-fide curved rod. I have not been able to find a tension rod that is curved. I saw an ad for something called Shower Bow, and it looked fairly intriguing. The downside was that it wasn't in stock .

Has anyone tried the Shower Bow or had success with some other method of making the shower roomier?
I just spent a week in my friend's small guest room and she had installed a Shower bow in her shower/tub enclosure. I'm 6 foot and weigh 230lbs and I did not feel cramped at all.

The several inches that the shower curtain bows out made a significant psychological difference. Usually my shoulders are hitting the side of a regular shower curtain. I might add that the curtain stayed tight against the tub and there were no leaks of water on the floor. good luck.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:45 PM

Thanks, GLS. I spent some more time looking and pondering, trying to think if I could somehow "make" a curve . No luck. Guess I'll just have to find some place that has the Shower Bow in stock.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:28 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,158,635 times
OH if you have a Big Lots or that sorta store you might get one cheaper there.Or online... I have seen them used in hotels and they work good! I wanted one at this house but the bathroom door would not open up all the way with it when I tried one, because of where my tub is located, so I didn't use it.
good luck

Old 06-09-2009, 07:28 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,283,869 times
It's in stock here. The price is $29.95. There must be other places online, as well, where you can get it because this was just the first link on which I clicked:

LivingXL.com - Large chairs, sturdy scales and more for big, tall & plus sized living. - Showerbow™ (http://livingxl.com/store/en_US/catalog/browse_sku.jsp?clear=true&catID=cat10009&prodId=X1 338&id=cat10009 - broken link)

Old 06-09-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
It's in stock here. The price is $29.95. There must be other places online, as well, where you can get it because this was just the first link on which I clicked:

LivingXL.com - Large chairs, sturdy scales and more for big, tall & plus sized living. - Showerbowâ„¢ (http://livingxl.com/store/en_US/catalog/browse_sku.jsp?clear=true&catID=cat10009&prodId=X1 338&id=cat10009 - broken link)
I looked there and I thought for sure it said "not" in stock! Sears and some other place said it wasn't in stock, so I must have gotten them confused. Wouldn't be the first time!

In any event, thanks for rechecking, Texas! I'll probably order as soon as I get moved. Seems like a nifty little gizmo.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:14 PM

414 posts, read 1,855,852 times
I have the curved rod that you screw into the wall/tile. It adds so much space to the shower and was very easy to install ( i did it by myself without DH).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House