U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 AM

286 posts, read 1,443,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
REALLY??? It was an old crock well. The well WILL pass the BT test. We grout and bulk volumme displace for BT. LOL I have read where you tell people to put bleach in wells. Have you read what is in bleach??? Not enough clorine to list in most. We use 90%.
Yes really; Did you fully disclose to them that for <$1000 they could have treated their water with equipment approved by the EPA and the state of MI?

You should know they can and that grouting does not prevent bacteria contaminated water from entering an aquifer.

And since you are bulk volume displacing "for BT" (BT meaning bacteria), which adds to the cost of the well, the follow up bacteria test would not be done on the water in the aquifer, so IMO you are cheating. Doesn't MI require you to do that follow up BT test?

Question, aren't you by MI regs. required to shock a new well or an existing well that you work on? I think so.

Your fear of and ignorance of water quality issues, especially bacteria, and approved everywhere in the US and Canada treatment processes, is showing, but you know that I do not support shocking of wells unless it is necessary. And you also know that I consistently tell people that shocking a well can cause serious problems. And yet the state of MI, where you drill wells fully supports, requires and suggests well owners shock wells, and they suggest and support the use of bleach to do it.

Also, on another forum, on the same day you say here that you were drilling this new well, you say you were "geo drilling 500, 154 foot deep holes"... IMO one of the two posts is in conflict with the other, and I think it is this one.

This supposedly crock well in MI was grandfathered and you should know that, yet you are supposedly drilling a new well when the water could have been treated per MI regs. for far less than the $8K you say you charged.

Also, if anyone here is "fear mongering", IMO it is you but please show me where I have said anything that can be considered fear mongering; do you or don't you fully disclose to your prospective new well customer that there is no guarantee of no bacteria, or other contaminates, in the new well? Is it in writing? Do you tell them as many/most well drillers do, that they can treat the water? If not, why not?

BTW, they weren't running out of water with their supposedly dangerous (to you) crock well that was to code if there was a code when it was installed. I see your thinking and your mentioning the age of the well as fear mongering on your part. And recall that you recently were banned twice and your posts were deleted from another forum because of your uninformed attitude and giving people bad advice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 12:05 PM

24,841 posts, read 36,053,414 times
Gary, did you know we run three rigs???? Not hard to be on different jobs at all........LOL

Old 07-30-2009, 12:06 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,193,837 times
Default Dog fight...............

Glad I tuned in this morning. We got a dog fight and I ain't got a clue what it is about.

I know what Ms. Driller is selling. Never did figure out what Mr. Gary is selling.

Probably go get some seats out of the van, pull up on the porch and watch how this comes out. Maybe peanuts and some beer might be good.

PS..... I ain't got no dog in the fight, so don't even go there. I never knew Driller had been banned, should I put more beer in the cooler. Wish I knew more about this there subject. Flying fur but the technical details are vague. Somehow the idea of ever depending on a well never appeals much to me. Seems complicated and I never like things I can't fix myself.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Glad I tuned in this morning. We got a dog fight and I ain't got a clue what it is about.

I know what Ms. Driller is selling. Never did figure out what Mr. Gary is selling.

Probably go get some seats out of the van, pull up on the porch and watch how this comes out. Maybe peanuts and some beer might be good.

PS..... I ain't got no dog in the fight, so don't even go there. I never knew Driller had been banned, should I put more beer in the cooler. Wish I knew more about this there subject. Flying fur but the technical details are vague. Somehow the idea of ever depending on a well never appeals much to me. Seems complicated and I never like things I can't fix myself.
OK. I give....What am I selling on this forum????

Old 07-30-2009, 12:28 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,193,837 times
Default Holes......Dear

I never said on this forum. I know you sell holes, mostly in the ground.

Nothing wrong with that. Peeps need them. Girl has to make a living.

Would love to get some for geo themal one of these days. Maybe hit some of that gas on the way down. Nothing wrong with holes in the right places. How deep you figure they go for the typical geo thermals? What might that cost a fellow???

This natural gas in not getting much cheaper even tho the well head prices have dropped like a rock.

/

Old 07-30-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
I never said on this forum. I know you sell holes, mostly in the ground.

Nothing wrong with that. Peeps need them. Girl has to make a living.

Would love to get some for geo themal one of these days. Maybe hit some of that gas on the way down. Nothing wrong with holes in the right places. How deep you figure they go for the typical geo thermals? What might that cost a fellow???

This natural gas in not getting much cheaper even tho the well head prices have dropped like a rock.

/
The holes are the cheap part of geo>>>LOL!!! Check with your local companies.

I pre-bought my propane for $1.39. I don't use a lot. Just cooking and geo-back up.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:15 PM

To answer Gary's questions. It made no difference if the water could be treated, the well did not code.

Grout in fact does stop contamination, that is why it is code. This one code was neat cement.

Bulk volume add nothing to the price on the bill, it is bid with the procedure in it. It IS shocking the well. That is the standard for type ll public, just a more stringent code.

They were out of water, the well did not code.

We do not take the water test. That is the county's job, it is included in the permit fee.

Yes, I banned for Terry Love's forum. I pointed out it was not to help people it was to sell them things. I still have that opinion. This forum does not allow advertising, I agree with that stance.

Are the people upset with a free new well that produces 20 gpm with the pump??? What do you think??? I did not contact them, they called me after they could not get an occupancy permit.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:44 PM

Pumps And Tanks Forums!

Since the subject has been bought up, I highly recommend this DIY forum.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:45 PM

Default Grout and water wells

http:Grouting of Water Wells - (http://www.ngwa.org/govaffairs/statements/issgrout.aspx - broken link)

Old 08-02-2009, 10:07 AM

286 posts, read 1,443,394 times
Quote:
To answer Gary's questions. It made no difference if the water could be treated, the well did not code.
Yes the well wasn't to code IF it were done today, it wasn't being done today. The same as the well that is the subject of this thread. It was grandfathered.

Quote:
Grout in fact does stop contamination, that is why it is code. This one code was neat cement.
Grout seals around the casing, The rest of the aquifer is not sealed; even in a confined aquifer because somewhere there is a recovery area on the surface of the ground.

Quote:
Bulk volume add nothing to the price on the bill, it is bid with the procedure in it. It IS shocking the well. That is the standard for type ll public, just a more stringent code.
LOL you may not break it out on the "bill" but you certainly included the cost in your quote and are charging for it. And since you shock the well, how do you know the water wasn't contaminated with Coliform and other dangerius bacteria before you shocked the well, you don't. How do you know that later, once the shocking effect has passed, that the contamination didn't come back, you don't.

Quote:
They were out of water, the well did not code.
I don't recall you saying the crock well was out of water, just that the water was contaminated with bacteria.

Quote:
We do not take the water test. That is the county's job, it is included in the permit fee.
And that is why you don't know if the water was or is contaminated.

Quote:
Yes, I banned for Terry Love's forum. I pointed out it was not to help people it was to sell them things. I still have that opinion. This forum does not allow advertising, I agree with that stance.
It looks like you've worn out your welcome at Bob's forum too, and his forum is based on "selling" as you say. And so what, thousands of people want and get accurate info, just as here, and although you accuse me of selling here, what am I selling in this thread?

Quote:
Are the people upset with a free new well that produces 20 gpm with the pump??? What do you think??? I did not contact them, they called me after they could not get an occupancy permit.
A free well, there is nothing free and I think you should be charged with insurance fraud. Yeah they contacted you and you led them from there as I said, without full disclosure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House