Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:19 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,503,839 times

Advertisements

Well stated, Mike. I'll also say to the OP, if you have concerns about the performance or abilities of your agent, feel free to call their broker to mention your concerns. At the least, your agent will get some great (and possibly much needed) counseling from his/her broker. At best, if you're under exclusive agency contract with that broker, you may be released from that if they're not fulfilling their duties to you. The last thing the broker wants is to have one of their agents giving their company a bad name because of poor service, and they certainly don't want a customer to have lost money because of that agent.

Also, if they're trying to service you outside their area of market expertise, then that's another problem their broker needs to be concerned with. As humans, most of us want to be helpful to our fellow beings. But, sometimes, we overstep that helpfulness by trying to be a "jack of all trades". This can certainly apply to us in the real estate industry. The best answer that we can give sometimes is, "Well, that's not really my market area, but I can find you someone who could better serve you."

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 03:53 PM

244 posts, read 747,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandinmyshoes View Post
If you are a buyer,remember everything the agent says will be a lie.If your a seller maybe only half the time.
If you are a buyer everything the agent says is a lie? Why would an agent representing the buyer lie to the buyer? This statement makes no sense unless you are dealing with the listing agent directly then it may be true. When you go directly to the listing agent their job is to watch out for the sellers best interest and will do all that they can to do that. This may include telling little white lies to the unrepresented buyer. I do not reccommend going into a real estate transaction alone. If anything if you do not have a Realtor to represent you at least get a lawyer too.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:46 PM

345 posts, read 994,662 times
You can go the your state's real estate commission website and locate a real estate contract and addendums that follow your state's laws. Decide what you want to offer, including terms and conditions, and present it to the seller. If you want to counter a buyer's offer, do the same. Usually, an attorney will review your contract cheaper than a realtor's commission.

Also, you can pay a broker a few hundred dollars and he will list your property on MLS. In this arrangement, the broker won't represent you, but your house will be available to buyers' agents.

I think the problem with the real estate industry is that they don't get paid until there's a sale, so they want a sale asap.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:48 PM

43,294 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW transplant View Post
You can go the your state's real estate commission website and locate a real estate contract and addendums that follow your state's laws. Decide what you want to offer, including terms and conditions, and present it to the seller. If you want to counter a buyer's offer, do the same. Usually, an attorney will review your contract cheaper than a realtor's commission.

Also, you can pay a broker a few hundred dollars and he will list your property on MLS. In this arrangement, the broker won't represent you, but your house will be available to buyers' agents.

I think the problem with the real estate industry is that they don't get paid until there's a sale, so they want a sale asap.
Can I really do that in North Carolina?

I think not.

http://www.ncrec.state.nc.us/forms-html/forms.html

Are there other states where contracts are drafted by attorneys or the Bar association and are not freely available from the RE Commission? Any?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House